Army Contractor gets probation and a fine for shooting prisoner in the head

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I think all private mercenaries(america calls them "security contractors", mainly the owners of the companies, should be imprisoned for life.

You know why our economy sucks? We give these criminals billions of dollars every year.

WHAT EVERYBODY NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT MEMBERS OF THE MILITARY. THEY ARE PRIVATE CITIZENS, GETTING PAID $200K A YEAR. THEY ARE NOT HEROES, THEY DESERVE NO RESPECT.

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
I think all private mercenaries(america calls them "security contractors", mainly the owners of the companies, should be imprisoned for life.

You know why our economy sucks? We give these criminals billions of dollars every year.

WHAT EVERYBODY NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT MEMBERS OF THE MILITARY. THEY ARE PRIVATE CITIZENS, GETTING PAID $200K A YEAR. THEY ARE NOT HEROES, THEY DESERVE NO RESPECT.

Just because they are taking advantage of a good deal they don't deserve respect?? BS.

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

That's like saying that all non-union workers are criminals. Mercenaries are just "non-union soldiers" imo. And just like non union companies, some are good gigs that pay well and do honest jobs. No, they aren't heroes, but they're no worse than scabs.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
That's like saying that all non-union workers are criminals. Mercenaries are just "non-union soldiers" imo. And just like non union companies, some are good gigs that pay well and do honest jobs. No, they aren't heroes, but they're no worse than scabs.

I probably could've worded it differently, but it doesn't change my feelings.

These people are getting away with heinous crimes, but everytime one of them dies, they get more TV airtime than a soldier/marine/sailor/airmen getting killed.

Sure, not all of them are bad, but a lot are. They are not held accountable for anything. They are given free reign to do whatever they please.

What happens when you stick untrained people in a foreign country, give them guns, and pay them rediculous sums of money to do carte blanche what they want, which can and has in the past included killing innocent civilians for fun.

There are plenty videos on the internet of these people shooting at cars and killing people for no reason at all, and laughing about it.

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll agree with you on that part. The ones who run around shooting people for the fun of it do deserve to be punished. It's a mess and even some military troops have stooped to that level from time to time.

One thing's for sure though: I'd rather argue about the ethicality of the situation from over here than deal with the reality over there myself.
:scared:

vinpub

Reaction score
Visit site
First of all, just because they get paid well does not make them bad. I am sure the job is open for anyone who is willing.... This is a job in hazardous, hostile, life threatening conditions. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't get paid well.

Secondly, would he have been justified in shooting and killing if he had done so as the guy was just about to set his teammet on fire??? So why is his action so unjustified. He may be wrong, but considering the stressful and hostile situation he was in, the verdict seems clearly justified and balanced.

I am not very clear on the necessity of the army contractors. But I would tend to think, the restrictions that military has to work under today imposed mainly by political agendas - including number of personnel deployed and others governing their actions, and the wrongfully biased press scrutiny that the US military operates under, were partly the reasons for army contractor concept mushrooming. So why are we lamenting about the symtom and do nothing about the root cause.

May be I am wrong in that reasoning. But nonetheless, I dont see any condemnation of a guy who unprovoked, decides to burn a non hostile innocent person, in front of a bunch of children. Instead an action, although wrong, is quite understandable is being used to generalize and condemn all army contractors. I dont understand how this particular case proves or supports such comments at all.

p.s. I am not and am not related to or friends with any army contractor or army personnel.

vinpub

Reaction score
Visit site

These people are getting away with heinous crimes, but everytime one of them dies, they get more TV airtime than a soldier/marine/sailor/airmen getting killed.

Sure, not all of them are bad, but a lot are. They are not held accountable for anything. They are given free reign to do whatever they please.

What happens when you stick untrained people in a foreign country, give them guns, and pay them rediculous sums of money to do carte blanche what they want, which can and has in the past included killing innocent civilians for fun.

There are plenty videos on the internet of these people shooting at cars and killing people for no reason at all, and laughing about it.

As I read it, the only INNOCENT CIVILIAN killed here was Paula Loyd .........

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not being funny, but in the same situation could any one of us control our anger? I know I bloody couldn't.

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site

Untrained? Most if not all of the combat mercenaries are prior service, alot were special forces. That guy himself was a Ranger. So they do their time, get an offer to do the job they HAVE been doing, only get paid a whole lot more.

W

wrightme43

Did you actually read the link before you made this statement??????

I personally do not think the man did the right thing, but its so far from wrong too.

Presented with that evidence in a jury I would vote along with the verdict presented.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah so...
Army contractors... So lets call it what it is, they are people hired to do the work of soldiers with less accountability and different ROE.

Getting passed that, I would be pissed too, may have taken a similar route, but restraining him, then shooting him, sends a message and its not "Don't Mess With The US". I won't say it makes us look like terrorists, but it does just continue the cycle.

Most importantly, this guy is not there anymore, when they want to take revenge on him, they will most likely exact revenge on one of our enlisted soldiers... One that makes less money, one that is probably far less protected (inferior armor), and one that has to follow a far more strict ROE.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you actually read the link before you made this statement??????

I personally do not think the man did the right thing, but its so far from wrong too.

Presented with that evidence in a jury I would vote along with the verdict presented.

Yeah, I did. My comments weren't DIRECTLY related to this case.

However, this guy did commit murder. It's not like he shot the guy while he was commiting the act of violence. He executed the man while he sat in handcuffs.

Whenever muslims do this they are considered savages. But when white people do it it's justified. Whatever. I'm done with this arguement.