Are there no traffic rules in Colombia? [youtube-clip]

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Shocking footage of a driver who has clearly a deathwish and puts everyone around him at risk.

I could give a list of the traffic violations.....but I don't want to expose my keyboard to exessive wear.

But I love those twistie roads....

- LOL @ The guy at 0:20 barely having a leaning angle, and still trying to put his knee down :D (would be great for a motivational poster)

- great leaning angle at 3:34 :thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chZc6iWtKCA]YouTube - FZ6----- BMW R 1200 GS[/ame]

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Of course there are traffic rules here .....

however there is people (like the ones on the video) that don't give a $hit about them and for some things and in some places police force is not enough.

anyway is just a matter of riding/driving culture that unfortunately most of "us" don't have.

I try to be a good rider and I know I am not perfect, but for sure I am more responsible and respectful than those on the video clip.

not all of the riders/drivers here act that way, but sadly a lot do.

Regarding the twisties they are awesome, and would be perfect if one could be always sure that nobody was going to invade one's lane.

Cheers :thumbup:

Last edited:

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Of course there are traffic rules here .....

however there is people (like the ones on the video) that don't give a $hit about them and for some things and in some places police force is not enough.

anyway is just a matter of riding/driving culture that unfortunately most of "us" don't have.

I try to be a good rider and I know I am not perfect, but for sure I am more responsible and respectful than those on the video clip.

not all of the riders/drivers here act that way, but sadly a lot do.

Regarding the twisties they are awesome, and would be perfect if one could be always sure that nobody was going to invade one's lane.

Cheers :thumbup:

+1 on the twisties.
I am really jealous of your roads over there. Here in Belgium the roads are in a very bad shape, concrete with cracks and alot of holes in them, very little well maintained asphalt roads.

There are a few twistie roads which are in a good condition, but sadly the police also knows this. And believe me, you don't want to see a LEO when dragging a knee. (Although its in a zero-populated area with clear open roads and no obstacles)

Keep driving safe, and I hope you never get a head on colission with a bike who's coming out of a turn and driving in the opposite lane.:spank:

Greetz:thumbup:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I looked at some other videos by this guy, they are all amazingly dangerous. One of them he is racing, on the public road, a CBR600RR and gets up to an indicated 265Kmh. :spank:

In another he is chasing a Porsche. :confused:

Doomed. :squid:

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I looked at some other videos by this guy, they are all amazingly dangerous. One of them he is racing, on the public road, a CBR600RR and gets up to an indicated 265Kmh. :spank:

In another he is chasing a Porsche. :confused:

Doomed. :squid:

I watched the porche video.... even more dangerous than the others:spank:
Allmost hitting a cyclist and a car :(. It's a miracle he is still alive after 8 of those videos!
Is it skill or luck? obviously luck.

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
For us is luck

for them is pure skill

they think they are super riders and that is the proper way to handle such machines

People that ride that way think I am a total pussy and ride like a grandma

but ... I don't need to "impress" anyone, I am not a 16 years old teenager anymore and I just want to be some day a grandpa still riding my bikes :cheer::cheer: