April BOM WINNER is..................

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That is one bad ass FZ6! Now I know how all those fires started in Australia, from your bike. It's freaking scorching hot, even if it's all black. :aus:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea the bike sure does look great, but wolf, how did you get the bagster so tight around the tank? the part with the front fairing is pretty loose with mine :(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea the bike sure does look great, but wolf, how did you get the bagster so tight around the tank? the part with the front fairing is pretty loose with mine :(

You just gotta tie the front strap, and the front side strap real tight....the strap that goes under your tank is the hardest one to get right....i also gave it a thorough soaking in water, before i fitted it the first time...left it on till it dried.....with a bit of help from the Missus's hair dryer!!!

:thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dunno, dont care! Was just nice for an Aussie to win! Best bit is that it's gonna be in next years FZ6 Forum Calendar!!!! Woo Hoo!

Will go well with the RALPH photoshoot it was featured in, and hopefully an appearance in Rapidbikes mag soon!

:rockon:

What issue of RALPH and keep us posted on the Rapid shoot :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What issue of RALPH and keep us posted on the Rapid shoot :thumbup:

Has not appeared in RALPH as yet, or to my knowledge, anyway....Will get a call from the man who shot it, when it is due to appear...but it cant be too far off, it was shot about 4 months ago, they normally take about 5 months to show.

As for Rapid, am hoping that is next month's issue, which is due out anytime now.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful machine Wolfman!

Saw it in the background on Youtube in the Pinky vid.

Love those brakes! Do they make a big difference over the stock system?

Congratulations!

Considering my bike is an 06, so the bike came with the two pot calipers that were used on the fz6 from 04-06, which were ok, but i wanted more, so.... these brakes are enormously better...now have 08 forks, 05 r6 calipers(same as FZ6, different colour discs on the side), which is much better to start with...all the other stuff also sharpens it all up. The Discs save a fair bit of weight too...you really notice it.

So the answer is yes.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Considering my bike is an 06, so the bike came with the two pot calipers that were used on the fz6 from 04-06, which were ok, but i wanted more, so.... these brakes are enormously better...now have 08 forks, 05 r6 calipers(same as FZ6, different colour discs on the side), which is much better to start with...all the other stuff also sharpens it all up. The Discs save a fair bit of weight too...you really notice it.

So the answer is yes.

Do you really have 05 R6 calipers? 05 R6's have inverted (upside down) forks similar to 06+ R6's. There maybe an exception if the 05 R6 forks are anniversary bike forks (I think remember hearing something odd like that).