anyone using evans "waterless lifetime coolant"?

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i stumbled on this product when looking up track day requirements. I found this product interesting for about $40-45/gal you dont have to ever change your coolant in your bike or cage again!:thumbup::rockon:

Jay leno's video is pretty cool!

check it out:

Home » Engine Cooling Systems

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you got a link for the product? if it is only a coolant it wont be suitable for everyday use. The bike needs anti freeze properties for the winter weather your riding or storing.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It might be worth a look, taken from Evans FAQs . Do I have to add antifreeze to the Evans Waterless Coolant? A. No, Evans Waterless Coolant has an antifreeze protection built in to protect to -40°C.

Link The Science of Waterless Cooling

Nelly:thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty interesting!

Apparently, you have to get about all the coolant out for it to work properly (less than 3% left in the entire system),

I suspect you'd probably have to remove the radiator, blow air thru the radiator/ block, etc to get it that dry with all the nooks and crannies..

92Bit

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty interesting!

Apparently, you have to get about all the coolant out for it to work properly (less than 3% left in the entire system),

I suspect you'd probably have to remove the radiator, blow air thru the radiator/ block, etc to get it that dry with all the nooks and crannies..

Don't know how expensive this stuff is, but if it's easier to just buy enough to flush the system with this stuff, then you would probably end up with 3% or less of the original coolant. I'm lazy like that.:D

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know how expensive this stuff is, but if it's easier to just buy enough to flush the system with this stuff, then you would probably end up with 3% or less of the original coolant. I'm lazy like that.:D

Agreed but @ $40.00 US a gallon! You don't want to spill it...:thumbup:

Last edited:

92Bit

Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed but @ $40.00 US a gallon! You don't wan to spill it...:thumbup:

That's not really a terrible price for a lifetime coolant. Worth thinking about for me anyway. Thanks to OP! :thumbup:

If anyone comes across a lifetime fuel I'd be interested in that too.:BLAA:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's not really a terrible price for a lifetime coolant. Worth thinking about for me anyway. Thanks to OP! :thumbup:

If anyone comes across a lifetime fuel I'd be interested in that too.:BLAA:

I tend to keep my bikes anywhere from 5-10 years.

If you keep your bike longer than that it might be worth it.

The Prestone pre-mix 50/50 is good for 5 years at less than $10.00 gallon.

I think it really depends on how long you keep your bike in the long run.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tend to keep my bikes anywhere from 5-10 years.

If you keep your bike longer than that it might be worth it.

The Prestone pre-mix 50/50 is good for 5 years at less than $10.00 gallon.

I think it really depends on how long you keep your bike in the long run.

I tend to differ, Townsend - if it is as good as they say it is, the benefits are realised immediately.

As opposed to water-based coolants, the Evans Waterless Coolant adjacent to the cylinder walls remains liquid, thus more thermally conductive, meaning it is drawing heat away from that area more efficiently, potentially increasing the life of the moving parts.

In a silicate based ethyl glycol coolant, the silicates fall out of suspension and accumulate around the water pump seals, increasing chance of failure, and the water-borne particles have an abrasive effect on the impeller.

Add to this the benefit of the lower pressure in the coolant system, no chance of boiling over, and the dramatically decreased corrosion (if at all?) and it makes me wonder why it's not used in the factory, prior to delivery....

It is (apparently) a single use item - for the life of the machine.

The claimed benefits seem to outweigh cost - even if it is $100 to change, it is the only time you'll have to do it, and (apparently) has the reduced potential for coolant system failure (lower pressure, no accumulation of corroded particles, better thermal conductivity etc)

I have sent emails to Oz distributors to see pricing of that, and the Prep Fluid so will report back.

Just think about it, if the claims be true (and Jay Leno doesn't seem to be one to endorse a product without reason, especially with his motor vehicles) - a fill with this stuff will be the LAST TIME YOU HAVE TO SERVICE THE COOLING SYSTEM, for the life of the vehicle.

Sounds good to me!

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im about to pull the trigger and buy the coolant and the prep soon. i can stretch out one gal for two bikes!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just an FYI, please watch the video re the installation of the product.

Besides wanted it installed professionally (probably not needed for the bike short of checking the water % left in the system), they remove the thermostat (a PIA in our bikes), and put an air blower into the block to blow out ALL the water.

IMHO, I would also pull the hoses to the oil cooler and blow those out as well as some antifreeze would likely be left in there too.

I did not see anything on lubrication (perhaps I missed it) of the water pump seals. They must have something in there for that I would think...

Please, once you install the fluid, post your install procedure, if you were able to measure the under 3% water content and the overall results.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tend to differ, Townsend - if it is as good as they say it is, the benefits are realised immediately.

As opposed to water-based coolants, the Evans Waterless Coolant adjacent to the cylinder walls remains liquid, thus more thermally conductive, meaning it is drawing heat away from that area more efficiently, potentially increasing the life of the moving parts.

In a silicate based ethyl glycol coolant, the silicates fall out of suspension and accumulate around the water pump seals, increasing chance of failure, and the water-borne particles have an abrasive effect on the impeller.

Add to this the benefit of the lower pressure in the coolant system, no chance of boiling over, and the dramatically decreased corrosion (if at all?) and it makes me wonder why it's not used in the factory, prior to delivery....

It is (apparently) a single use item - for the life of the machine.

The claimed benefits seem to outweigh cost - even if it is $100 to change, it is the only time you'll have to do it, and (apparently) has the reduced potential for coolant system failure (lower pressure, no accumulation of corroded particles, better thermal conductivity etc)

I have sent emails to Oz distributors to see pricing of that, and the Prep Fluid so will report back.

Just think about it, if the claims be true (and Jay Leno doesn't seem to be one to endorse a product without reason, especially with his motor vehicles) - a fill with this stuff will be the LAST TIME YOU HAVE TO SERVICE THE COOLING SYSTEM, for the life of the vehicle.

Sounds good to me!

Cheers,
Rick

I'm not sure about that Rick, the hoses will still perish and get hardened with age, constant heat cycling and UV exposure. Of course you could clean catch the coolant as it comes out and recycle it. How long does the company mean by "life"?
A life sentence can be as little as 10 years over here. 1000000 miles is sometimes used as a benchmark for bike engines.
I can see the benefit of this coolant in climates such as yours where you see extreme temperature fluctuations. I will be interested to here what the suppliers say about the coolant.
Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4