Anyone up for a tour of Tassie!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, made it to Caiguna. 1100kms today. Could go further, but why bother. Been on the road since 5:30am and we got her 4:45pm.

That's enough for one day. Mikes' in the bar, I'm on the computer (surprise, surprise) - luckily the roadhouse has one, and we're going to have dinner here soon.

Haven't had mobile/3G coverage since Merredin :eek:

Hopefully we'll get it as we head further across the Nullabor tomorrow.

That's all for now :)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, made it to Caiguna. 1100kms today. Could go further, but why bother. Been on the road since 5:30am and we got her 4:45pm.

That's enough for one day. Mikes' in the bar, I'm on the computer (surprise, surprise) - luckily the roadhouse has one, and we're going to have dinner here soon.

Haven't had mobile/3G coverage since Merredin :eek:

Hopefully we'll get it as we head further across the Nullabor tomorrow.

That's all for now :)

Can, anyone tell I'm trying to not ride my bike, to make sure I don't trash my tires?:BLAA:...lol.

View attachment 33701

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oi Jamie:eek:! You may want to have a look at your route into Halls Gap (or more likely give Halls Gap a miss). The Mount Victory Road is closed, or at least it was as of the 10th of Feb. Because of this....

View attachment 33703

View attachment 33704

View attachment 33705

View attachment 33706

View attachment 33707

It looks to me like you guys might wanna have lunch at Stawell, and I'll turn off there to head into Halls Gap:thumbup:.

Might explain why google maps kept changing the route on me! Bugger, cause that's a nice road! Nasty stuff! That's gonna take a bit of fixing!!!

Still had heaps of trouble with google maps last night...it won't let me' save any new maps. Have got all maps for tassie saved bar day one, and I don't have a saved map for the ride to PI... Not that we néed one for that...I think I could just about ride it blindfolded...done it just a few times now!!!

Thanks for the heads up Mikey. Will have a look in the morning, stawell or horshham fir lunch...depends on how that fits into the fuel stop situation I reckon...at least we will save about 30 minutes in our traveling time this way.
:thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oi Jamie:eek:! You may want to have a look at your route into Halls Gap (or more likely give Halls Gap a miss). The Mount Victory Road is closed, or at least it was as of the 10th of Feb. Because of this....

View attachment 33703

View attachment 33704

View attachment 33705

View attachment 33706

View attachment 33707

It looks to me like you guys might wanna have lunch at Stawell, and I'll turn off there to head into Halls Gap:thumbup:.

Bugger me , thats some serious landslipping :eek:

Instant twisties , just add water :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am playing my own version of Where's Wallly with the map right here, trying to Guess where Mike & Kazza are right now!

:D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am playing my own version of Where's Wallly with the map right here, trying to Guess where Mike & Kazza are right now!

:D

Had a look on Google Earth......They're not on there:BLAA::D.

I reckon they'll pull up around Kimba tonight. Leaves them a bit under 500km tomorrow.:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a look on Google Earth......They're not on there:BLAA::D.

I reckon they'll pull up around Kimba tonight. Leaves them a bit under 500km tomorrow.:thumbup:

Kimba....Lol! They can say hi to all my Relatives....my Family comes from up Hawker, Kimba way....and that part of SA is literally teaming with Woolford's...

Awesome country out that way...bit dry, but awesome!

Just re-did the Insurance on "Pinky"!

One less thing left to stress about!

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Mt Wellington is getting ready to welcome you guys in!! Don't think for a minute that this is the norm, I don't think I have ever seen snow on there this early in the year. Weather has been um......TURD the last few days, hopefully it will be all cleared up by the time you guys arrive!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mt Wellington is getting ready to welcome you guys in!! Don't think for a minute that this is the norm, I don't think I have ever seen snow on there this early in the year. Weather has been um......TURD the last few days, hopefully it will be all cleared up by the time you guys arrive!!

Bugger! No room on the bike for ski's! :eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just received a text or two from Kazza, they are in Port A Gutta! Or Port Augusta to non SA people...about 4 hours driving time from Adelaide.

Kazza said it was the first time they have had phone reception since Kazza's last post on Sunday!!!

Glad they got across the nullabor plain all ok...

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
400,000 bottles of beer on the wall, 400,000 bottles of beer.....:BLAA:

I blew up a transmission in my car at Snowtown a couple years ago. Being a total smart @$$ I was all set to make the odd joke or two at the servo....but decided not to. There seemed to be a fair amount of damage in the eyes of the folks I was seeing.:eek:

Whiteforestjeskar

Back up of female power
Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Ok so I've been lurking to see when someone would post! Apparently the prebble's are at our joint just chilling bikes are off trailer.. Damn me and me working for money stuff! All I wanna do is go home!