Anyone up for a tour of Tassie!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Friday night , American Honey going down the hatch :thumbup: another week done & now the nervous excitement hits me :D......... Its just days till we leave now , no more weeks or months , just days :cheer: :cheer:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Friday night , American Honey going down the hatch :thumbup: another week done & now the nervous excitement hits me :D......... Its just days till we leave now , no more weeks or months , just days :cheer: :cheer:

Yes it is all very serious now!! Just finishing off a whole bunch of google maps, that you can load straight to yout GPS.

am also about half an hour away from finishing a proposed ride schdule based on what i posted last night, with distances, and estimated time to get to from place to place....

Have left start and finish times blank....and i suppose it's a matter of sitting down each night, and going over the next day's proposed routes as a group, and confirming the next day's final route...

We willall have netbooks, so any adjustments that need to be made, can be uploaded straight to or GPS's via memory card.

The schedule ihave done, keeps up with progressive Km's travelled, has points of interest on it, and has proposed fuel stops where i know there is petrol.

Will post links later this morning...back to it!!

Oh and Humpy, i wll post that link to the 28 day forecast for Tasmania, just as son as i find it...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
New Z6 rear fitted this morning , both bikes lubed & chains adjusted & ready to go :cheer:

Just one annoying little rattle on the XJR somewhere behind the headlight :( but i'll source that later & rectify :)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, we are just about packed. Went quite well actually :)

Mike is about to load the bikes onto the trailer and bring it up from the shed. After that, all that's left is to pack the hair straighteners, toiletries, have dinner, a bottle of wine and an early night.

5am tomorrow and we are on our way :steve::steve:

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's not a loose nut in the saddle is it:BLAA:? That's behind the headlight, and can often rattle on quite a bit:D

Damn , I didnt check that nut :BLAA: Must of been the beer made me forget :thumbup:

Found it though , the clutch line was tapping/rattling on the back of the headlight as suspected , a little foam tape & we are all good :cheer:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, we are just about packed. Went quite well actually :)

Mike is about to load the bikes onto the trailer and bring it up from the shed. After that, all that's left is to pack the hair straighteners, toiletries, have dinner, a bottle of wine and an early night.

5am tomorrow and we are on our way :steve::steve:

10,000,000 bottles of beer on the wall, 10,000,000 bottles of beer......:BLAA:

When you're 3/4 of the way across the Numbandbore with that tune stuck in your head, you'll be wanting to strangle me...lol...of course, once you've made it all the way across you'll be as looney as I am, and just want to strangle pretty much everyone:eek::spank::spank::ban::D.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I decided tonight that this is the most expensive thread that I have ever started!!! :BLAA:

Lol... Are you sure it's not the
Mod thread...?

Lol! Hmmm, maybe the mod thread, but that is multiple threads!

Now that Kazza and Mike have started their epic journey I feel as if it has all started...

So excited...this has been a dream since I got back from my European tour way back when.

I am nervous, I am anxious, but most of all I am as prepared as I can possibly be I think!

Itching to finally meet everyone, especially my 2 relentlessly consistent fellow forum spammers!

Looking forward to PI as usual, as again we do the corporate thingo, which just rocks!!!

Itching to get to the twisties in Tassie, on my new super sticky tyres.

But most of all I am looking forward to the holiday, 13 days with my beautiful partner, with no kids, no work, and the bike! It don't get much better than that as far as I am concerned! Love my kids sooooooo much, but everyone needs "me" time, and Jess and I get scarce little of that!

Riding my bike, with my Missus! Awesome! Twisty roads! Awesome! Great company, also on bikes, to share, awesome! WSBK, awesome!

One more thing struck off the "bucket list"!

America & Canada are next!!! On a bike, or bikes, too! Yep, would love Jess to get her bike license, and ride next to me!

To the Prebbles, Stay safe on those roads, see you soon.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And for more perspective for our Northern Hemispherian friends.....

View attachment 33697

View attachment 33698

View attachment 33699

These were taken from around the same eye height in Google Earth, so this will give you a better idea of the distances involved judging by your own locality.

Add in the Tassie Stuff, and the Adelaide, stuff, and factor in that Mr. and Mrs Humpy, may well be coming down the coastal road, and then add in the return rides, and it takes on a fairly epic outlook:eek:...lol.