Anyone up for a tour of Tassie!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Breaking news !!!!!!!!!!! spoke to the 2IC at work today coz the boss is away & he doesnt think will be a problem for holidays by then so......... The Humpy's are coming to Tassie :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Breaking news !!!!!!!!!!! spoke to the 2IC at work today coz the boss is away & he doesnt think will be a problem for holidays by then so......... The Humpy's are coming to Tassie :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :thumbup:

That's awesome news! thats 4 bikes, and 6 people, so far!

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
5 bikes 6 people , Kel is bringing her own ride :thumbup: Either gunna buy one for the occasion or borrow her bro's Ninja :D

Now....that is cool! I am supposing you guys would meet us at PI??? or do you wanna come to Adelaide...and we all leave as one from here??? Will you ride all the way down from Brisvegas???

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now....that is cool! I am supposing you guys would meet us at PI??? or do you wanna come to Adelaide...and we all leave as one from here??? Will you ride all the way down from Brisvegas???

We'll meet you in Melbourne :thumbup: Ride Brissy to Sydney , Sydney to Melboring via the Princes Highway :rockon: :rockon: :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We'll meet you in Melbourne :thumbup: Ride Brissy to Sydney , Sydney to Melboring via the Princes Highway :rockon: :rockon: :D

Hmmmm...so far we are up to a 3 bedroom Villa at PI!!! That would be using the Accom i normally use, and have pre-booked for next February's WSB! Either that, or we look at alternative "couples" style accomodation elsewhere...

So much to sort i suppose...will send you my e-mail via PM, it looks like the 6 us need to start talking re accom, etc...

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

That's great news Humpy. 2 mighty XJR's blasting through Tassie, can't wait.

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm...so far we are up to a 3 bedroom Villa at PI!!! That would be using the Accom i normally use, and have pre-booked for next February's WSB! Either that, or we look at alternative "couples" style accomodation elsewhere...

So much to sort i suppose...will send you my e-mail via PM, it looks like the 6 us need to start talking re accom, etc...

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Villa sounds alright to us. Whereabouts is it, Cowes, San Remo, Rhyll ?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a bit wary of soft luggage. It would be a pain with the rain covers, I think. And they might damage more easily.

I'd prefer hard panniers, but they usually cost a lot more than the soft ones.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think we need to have a conference call of some sort, so that we can all get together and discuss arrangements....

i personally will stay anywhere everyone else is happy with...as long as it's decent!

so if your looking up accom, take my "approval" as a given...

Same with road routes....i just wanna ride, and i dont really care where!!!

As for PI.....would like to go the corporate route..Club Superbike, or Club Y...Both pretty much the same...except Club Y gives away Yamaha gear as prizes each day, and has interviews with all the Yamaha World & Australian team riders every day...It's not cheap, but it is wortb every penny...Kazza & Mike know what i am talking about, they have done Club Superbike before.

We need to sort our accom on PI real soon, especially as there is a group of us....i have a cabin booked, and can upgrade to a bigger one, or get 3 double's...is about $550 for 4 nights....is at the Holiday Park that is just over the Bridge, as you come onto the Island...isnt super plush, but it's decent enough for the weekend at the bikes...and is the park where most of the more sensible bike riders stay over the Supers weekend...lots of XJR riding types about... :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For PI, do you ride to the track each day? Catch the shuttle? What's the name of the place where the cabin is? I think we're pretty cool about all staying together at the island. Probably better for us to be in a 3 bedroom cabin.

I think, as of tomorrow, I'm gonna start emailing both you and Dan with all our info.

I have both of your emails :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For PI, do you ride to the track each day? Catch the shuttle? What's the name of the place where the cabin is? I think we're pretty cool about all staying together at the island. Probably better for us to be in a 3 bedroom cabin.

I think, as of tomorrow, I'm gonna start emailing both you and Dan with all our info.

I have both of your emails :D

Mikey & I did both last year....Took the shuttle one day, cause we wanted to drink..even though it ended up being too cold to drink much anyway..And it was also a pain in the A, when you wanted to go elsewhere on the track...cause it takes eon's to walk anywhere....

So if your moving about in GA, then, taking the bike makes more sense IMHO...as you can ride around the outside of the track all day at the Supers...

But if we are doing corporate box, then from my experience is that you park the bike in the morning...and dont go near it again, till you leave...so maybe the shuttle then....especially if we wanna have a few quiet ones, and not worry....

Once again, whatever everyone else wants to do...i really dont care...as long as i see bikes racing round and round!

As for the Accom....

Phillip Island Caravan Park

We would take the 3 bedroom Villa....at $181 a night....that works out pretty bloody cheap for 3 couples for 4 nights....about $240 a couple...and you can park your bikes right on the front door step! They have a kitchen, decent shower, decent bed's...and groovy lino floors!

:D