Anyone seen/bought these disc brakes?

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Trying to spruce up the bike a bit while I'm not riding it so much because of all the work and uni commitments!!
Ordered a rad guard, and a pair of knockoff mirrors that I saw some good reviews for on other sites that I'm going to try out.

The radguard arrived yesterday, about 18 hours after it was ordered, and went on like a treat. Also with the 25 discount voucher it was 180 delivered which isn't cheap, but it came with a beer stubby, and is very solid, good workmanship and looks great!

May be a strange question? But does anyone know off the top of their head if the tank has changed from the 05-06 models through to the 08?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Trying to spruce up the bike a bit while I'm not riding it so much because of all the work and uni commitments!!
Ordered a rad guard, and a pair of knockoff mirrors that I saw some good reviews for on other sites that I'm going to try out.

The radguard arrived yesterday, about 18 hours after it was ordered, and went on like a treat. Also with the 25 discount voucher it was 180 delivered which isn't cheap, but it came with a beer stubby, and is very solid, good workmanship and looks great!

May be a strange question? But does anyone know off the top of their head if the tank has changed from the 05-06 models through to the 08?

Pinky had an 07, and Damien had an 06, and I'm not sure what era the black tank came off of, but they are identical fit, form, and fuel filler. As was my 07. The only thing that really changed was the choice of colour schemes for each year.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They might be pretty similar discs to the ones Wolfman just bought for his TRX. They look just as good as his squillion dollar Breaking Wave Discs so if I was you I'd shoot him a PM.:thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm will do, the rears are cheap but the fronts are 120+ each (240 for a pair :( )

I'm really tempted to change my bike over to orange, and I'm going to find out how much it costs to get the tank painted, since there is a new orange tank for sale that might be the same price as getting mine painted!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm will do, the rears are cheap but the fronts are 120+ each (240 for a pair :( )

I'm really tempted to change my bike over to orange, and I'm going to find out how much it costs to get the tank painted, since there is a new orange tank for sale that might be the same price as getting mine painted!

240 a pair for discs sounds similar to what Wolfman just bought, and they look sweet as. Beats the crud out of the 700 odd for breaking waves.:eek:

When I was getting my FZ6 tank fixed back in the day, they quoted around 1300 for a new tank I think.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea there are a few second hand tanks in reasonable nick for alot cheaper, I was thinking of picking one up if I can find one for around the 300$-400$ mark, I've mainly seen them for about 500ish though.
$240 is pretty good but there is so much stuff I want to do :p