Anyone running this on their Iphone, BB, Smartphone, etc...????

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
I downloaded this to my BB a couple of days ago, trapster.com - Speed Trap Sharing System. It takes your position (GPS) and lets you know where Camera Red Lights, Speed Traps, places police hide and a lot more. It can also give you up to date location where police are providing some has marked their location. Once 1 or 2 people confirm the location it becomes a valid location. trapster.com - Speed Trap Sharing System

Who all are running this app? Have you found it useful? I could see how this information could be advantageous.

No big mods planned...just want FZ1 Handle Bars and add wiring to plug both cell phone and gps.

I haven't been on the forum in a very long time.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Reaction score
Visit site
I use it over here in Bris-Vegas. Pretty handy if you are going on a run you're not used to to check out any hot-spots that might be on your route.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use it over here in Bris-Vegas.

Is that the gambling capitol of OZ :BLAA:

cops in the Uk on need to see you thinking about using your phone here and its 3 points on the licience and a fine ..i just find it easier to stick to the speed limits especially now that a lot of our cams are linked for average speed

the only thing my iphone is good for is playing games ..all the productivity and utillity apps i have are never really used in the real world ..although my missus does use the egg timer on hers :confused:

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
No but I use 'Real time traffic' which lets me know about traffic and speed traps. I also use Waze.

Details please. How well do these work and where can I find them?

It can also give you up to date location where police are providing some has marked their location. Once 1 or 2 people confirm the location it becomes a valid location. trapster.com - Speed Trap Sharing System

The only issue I can see with this is that alot of people need to use it for it to be effective. Since someone has to 1) Mark where the cop is and then 2) 1 or 2 additional people need to confirm. I can't see this being all that effective. Just thinking about how many people have smartphones, then how many people have this app, and then how many take the time to update it. I would guess not that many across the country, let alone your city.

But, I would LOVE to be wrong on this one. Something like this would be awesome to have!

Debaser

Reaction score
Visit site
Details please. How well do these work and where can I find them?

Real time traffic works very well. I think it partially uses an established databases (inc. Google traffic, amongst others) and partly uses user data. I think it's only available for Android based mobiles though.

Waze is great fun but it's usability depends on where you live (how many users in the area) and how much has been mapped as it's pretty much dependant on user data. I think Waze is available free for all the major mobile platforms, just check your app market.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use Trapster on my Iphone. I have it mounted with a RAM mount. I only look at it at lights, but it has saved me by alerting me about a cop a mile up the road. Sure enough, he was there.

Overall, I find it is mainly effective for Traffic Camera notifications, which I do like.

Scorp

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've downloaded but have not used it; that's a shame.
iPhone has too many apps (bad ones). There a few good ones like the one you mentioned, but they easily get lost in the plethora of the bad ones lol.