Anyone know if this 09 FZ6R lowering would fit my 07 FZ6N?

MCFC21

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

MCFC21

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pity , Dont know way its so difficult to get lowering kit for these ,only most popular ones out there seem to be the complete shock and spring kits and these are €550 which is mad money. They space in the FZ6N must be tight in there to design lever type lowering kits that allow the original shock to be used or something ..

Well thanks anyway
Cheers
Tim

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Pity , Dont know way its so difficult to get lowering kit for these ,only most popular ones out there seem to be the complete shock and spring kits and these are €550 which is mad money. They space in the FZ6N must be tight in there to design lever type lowering kits that allow the original shock to be used or something ..

Well thanks anyway
Cheers
Tim
Most lowering kits are a smaller/longer set of dogbones, which is are pieces of metal with holes either end that the shock is bolted to and then the other end of the dogbone gets bolted to the swingarm. Our bikes don't use a dogbone system, the shock bolts direct into the swingarm. Therefore the only way to lower the bike is another spring (what I did) or a shorter spacer on the shock itself (overpriced for what you get). Or you can search around on here and see how someone else cut down the spacer on the end of his shock and shortened it that way.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site

Well thanks anyway
Cheers
Tim

Have you looked into the hyperpro lowering springs? I have one installed on the back and I am getting ready to do the fork springs as well. Just the back alone dropped about an inch, I am very happy with it.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/13665-hyperpro-springs-installed.html