anyone installed integrated led tail light?

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the clear one. I girl I taught to ride. Says she can see it perfectly. I also have the stocks on there for piece of mind.
pics:
DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
looking into doing this also just remember the taillight itself is not DOT approved so depending on how cops are in your area you could find yourself getting ticketed or at the very least hassled a lot about your signals, but I think in conjunction with regular signals it looks cool....that's just me though.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a certified NYS motorcycle inspector and yes the tail light alone is not legal. That is another reason I left the factories on there. I like to be seen.

jfandrews

Reaction score
Visit site
I have it in the smoked version. I love the way it looks on the bike, I think it is easier to see the smoked than the clear.

Do you have other rear signals as well or just the tail light? I am planning on running just the tail light on the back and getting some nice led's for the front.

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
im a NYS inspector also, and its true that it will fail for inspection if you get a dick of a inspector, due to not being dot approved. i for one dont care if its not dot approved, as long as they work and there good enough to be seen, there doing the same dam job and they look better. :thumbup:

jfandrews

Reaction score
Visit site
im a NYS inspector also, and its true that it will fail for inspection if you get a dick of a inspector, due to not being dot approved. i for one dont care if its not dot approved, as long as they work and there good enough to be seen, there doing the same dam job and they look better. :thumbup:

Do you suppose they would prevent me from taking the motorcycle driving course exam because of the integrated tail light?

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are not concerned about visibility and are going to remove the stock signals then they look nice. If you are leaving the stock signals or adding any other stem type rear signal I don't see the point especially for the money. In person especially in the daytime they don't really drab your attention. Just my 2 cents :D.

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
I had to reinstall my indicators as the intergrated ones were not to road standards so I wasn't able to do the mcycle course until they were changed out, I just have clear lenses now on the indicators and just use the stop and tail led rear light.

well if your form MN im sure you guys have different state laws, but i dont see why they would stop you from taking the course