Anyone Heard of a Konig?

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Most people are familiar with Burt Munro & John Britten. A couple of lads from NZ who built their own bikes & took on the world.

Anyone ever heard of a chap named Kim Newcombe?

1973 500cc GP World Championship runner up.............................

An honor that was awarded posthumously.

This tale is broken up into 4 clips. The highs & the lows of competing in a world championship on a bike you built yourself around an outboard boat motor.

A truly amazing story & a bit of a tear jerker at times. Still gives me goose bumps every time I watch it.

NZ On Screen - Love, Speed and Loss

N

Naykid

Most people are familiar with Burt Munro & John Britten. A couple of lads from NZ who built their own bikes & took on the world.

Anyone ever heard of a chap named Kim Newcombe?

1973 500cc GP World Championship runner up.............................

An honor that was awarded posthumously.

This tale is broken up into 4 clips. The highs & the lows of competing in a world championship on a bike you built yourself around an outboard boat motor.

A truly amazing story & a bit of a tear jerker at times. Still gives me goose bumps every time I watch it.

NZ On Screen - Love, Speed and Loss

I am familiar with Konig.....but never heard of Newcombe before. Thanks for the link.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
I am familiar with Konig.....but never heard of Newcombe before. Thanks for the link.

Yeah that's what makes it so interesting. No one really associates the name with 500cc Grand Prix racing yet this guy very nearly took em to the top step on his own. Enjoy. Its a bloody good watch :thumbup: