anyone have LED underglow for their bike?

speedysteff

Reaction score
Visit site
hi

Check out Powerbronze USA WEBSITE under power rods, they are brilliant for putting a subtle glow on your bike see my picture.

We sell the in different colours and whilst i was working in Germany, i found out that you can have white on the front, red on the rear and amber on the side without breaking any laws.

From the "voice" of powerbronze :cheer:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I draw enough police attention with my cat-eliminated two bros setup sans silencers lol....I would spend more time on the side of the road than on it if I was running a blue led setup. would look sick though for sure!

My intensions are to not use the "under glow" while moving. Maybe on really dark back roads or something (people probably think it's a UFO coming down the street!).

But, if I change my mind and want to try it, white is a little more subtle than say blue or green...

Not the most usefull mod I'll admit and I'm still kinda surprised that I'm actually going to try it to be honest. Just seems like it could be fun and it's one extra little "wow factor" I can add to my bike. I like the fact that it's hidden and unseen, unless I want people to see it.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Thinking about it, the only way I'd do it is by getting red ones (since my bike is red) and running them off of the taillight brakelight switch.

They would only light up when stopping or depressing the brakes...so whenever you are stopped (because they aren't legal while driving I think). Just my 2c

silver and black fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
You do live in BC so i would check with your local law inforcment and find out, because chances are you have different laws than here.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
DONE!

Managed to finish this mod up last night and took a few pictures. I tried to take some video, but my video camera didn't like the contrast between it being dark outside, then trying to film birght lights. I will try it again.

As usual, full writeup, pics and details are here on my site: Boneman's FZ6 Site - LED Underglow

Totals are:

Cost = $100.00 USD (shipping included)
Time = 3 Hours

The pictures don't really do the lighting justice! It's hard to get nice photos (or video for that matter) at night. The result is a nice, subtle glow that I was trying to achieve.

The remote unit works great and I am glad I purchased it. It works from over 30 METERS away! I wired the control unit to a constant 12VDC source so I could turn the LEDs on without having to turn on the bike. This way I can switch on the lights at anytime. The draw on the electrical system/battery from the LEDs is very nominal and you'd have to leave them on for a few hours to make a dent in the battery.

The remote unit has 3 feature modes:

Auto Dimmer: Automatically cycles through from dim to bright (like a heartbeat) at the touch of a button
Choose between 1 to 8 levels of brightness (and pause on that brightness level) - just keep clicking the button
Strobe / Flash mode

More details and some videos of what the LED control module + remote can do HERE.

DSCF4841.JPG

DSCF4838.JPG

DSCF4845.JPG

Last edited:

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks. I still have 3 pods of 4 leds i believe... As of right now I found another warrior I really like if i can swing a deal I will prob trade. But if not its getting some more leds, actually lots more.... its not bright enough. As of right now with what it has the local PD's Do not have a problem with them being on. I have asked a few of the chiefs... Dad's business helps a lot with getting to know them! As of right now on the bike is: 4 flat pods that have 5 leds in each (2 on the bottom ledge of the fairing and 2 on the fairing stay pointed down...), 1 round pod with 4 leds (on the inside of the left motor mount part of the frame), and 8 single small stick on led's (under the tank)