anybody have any WEIRD hobbies

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mountain Unicycling, abbreviated as MUNI... Mountain Unicycling (MUni)

WINNAH! WE HAVE A WINNAH LADIES AND GERMS!

That is hardcore and awesome, LOVE IT.

I run half marathons (I have run one full as well) - my wife and I both run them. I just last weekend accomplished a major personal running/racing goal - I finished in 1 hour 59 minutes. I've been trying for six years to get there!

I also have a freshwater planted aquarium. I run compressed CO2 from a 5lb tank, have 192 watts of compact florescent lights over it, and use fertilizer.

I also recently got an RC airplane (two now actually!) and am having fun with those. I have the Hobbyzone Champ (a small foam electric trainer aircraft) which I bought a small LED light kit for, and I fly it day or night! I also recently bought a Parkzone Ultra Micro T-28, my first aileron plane! Good stuff.

I also study Cold War history and especially CW-era aircraft. I love the old Cold War jets!

Also: roadracing, astronomy, photography, ancient Native American rock art, camping, mountain biking, hiking, swimming, etc. ... being outdoors

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
What kind of bike do you ride? havent ridden much {FZ or bicycle:(} since ive been at school but i recently bought a cannondale CAAD10/5 to get back into riding.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I haven't been on here in awhile. I have a Cannondale Quick CX hybrid. I like to do trail and street. Although I'm quickly finding myself wanting a dedicated road bike now. That CAAD10 is one I have actually been looking at. Let me know how you like it.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Most of mine aren't that weird to most people.

Snowboarding, my fizzer, video games, hanging out with friends and such.

Most people find it weird that I code things as a hobby, though... Coding in PHP/Jquery, C# and looking into java. Granted this is now what I technically do for a living (Mobile web application developer) so it isn't my main hobby anymore, I still consider it a fun past-time for me. :)

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry it took so long to reply. I haven't been on here in awhile. I have a Cannondale Quick CX hybrid. I like to do trail and street. Although I'm quickly finding myself wanting a dedicated road bike now. That CAAD10 is one I have actually been looking at. Let me know how you like it.

Havent checked my own thread in quite a while. I love the bike. really stiff frame and climbs really well for an entry level race bike:thumbup: My dad and I, dimensionally, are the same size, and when we ride, we ride "out" then swap bikes and come back. He has a Bianchi Vigorelli steel frame (he wanted old school) and has since put wheels, headstay, saddle, etc. the only thing his bike does better than mine is roll downhill because he has a nice set of wheels while mine are the kinda junky stock ones, but thats an easy fix. Once i get a set of wheels and a more comfortable saddle the bike will be perfect in every way, to me.

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
i play Airsoft :thumbup: ... for a team in Cornwall UK

KGB Airsoft

Strange maybe ...closest i can do towards the military due to diabetic and 2 transplants ... but Frankenstein`s Airsofter i am ;)

Realistic guns firing bb`s (6mm plastic balls) at each other at silly rates of fire whilst stomping through swamps woods and more on a Sunday ....what more could you want :thumbup:

OK also Cartoon drawing and Metal :rockon:

TSRBrad

Reaction score
Visit site
I played tournament foosball for a lot of years. It dominated a majority of my vacation time... even took me to Europe on several occasions.

I haven't played much in the last couple of years, though. Now that I think about it, it kind of coincides with the purchase of my FZ. :confused:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I rebuild my R.V. (out of necessity mostly) ,but it keeps me ocupied re-built the Hot-water heater last week,yesterday I stripped the kitchen sink and evaluated what it would take to upgrade it to standard house size then put it all back together,until I get the new stuff........ don't know if it's weird,but it's indefinably different from my old hobby of staying drunk,the entire time I was not at work....... :BLAA: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I rebuild my R.V. (out of necessity mostly) ,but it keeps me ocupied re-built the Hot-water heater last week,yesterday I stripped the kitchen sink and evaluated what it would take to upgrade it to standard house size then put it all back together,until I get the new stuff........ don't know if it's weird,but it's indefinably different from my old hobby of staying drunk,the entire time I was not at work....... :BLAA: :thumbup: :thumbup:

You going to do your RV up like the one in Space Balls? LOL.

That old hobby of staying drunk takes it's toll. Both physically and money wise. Glad to see you have something going on besides that.

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My hobby would be to go on long bike rides so my wife can't do add -ons to the honey do list.

Doc

I live in a condo so the to do list is very short.

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
Just outta curiosity , how far will a spudgun launch a spud ???

I've sent 2" potatoes 250 yards (228.6m) repeatedly with a few reaching 280 yards (256m). The golf balls are engineered to fly so they get crazy distance that so far I haven't been able to measure cause I cant find a field long enough to check :eek: