Anybody drilled their stock exaust?

goran21220

Reaction score
Visit site
I've read all threads about the subject but nobody actually commented about how it sounded after(maybe one member...). I'm thinking about doing it since i can't afford new pipes.Few smaller holes or one bigger one? I just want it to be a little louder.Anybody who have done it already?

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rclSypU5rw8&feature=related"]YouTube - 2005 fz6 stock exhaust drilled.[/ame]

I'm fairly sure I posted this before, not the best sound clip, but should give you some idea...;)

Kinda sounds like a pissed off chainsaw in a way...

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
I did it before I got my new exhaust and drilled in each hole. I used a 1/2 inch masonry bit for mine. After i was done, the bit was destroyed, literally. :D Make sure you use a masonry bit, unless someone suggests something different that works better, because it's hard metal in there. Good luck and when I did it, it sounded just like the vid above.

+1 A pissed off chainsaw is right on the nose! :thumbup:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ther are pictures and coments on this many times in many threads, ive got pictures on here and 7 days ago did a big write up on another thread of the same. Do some search's and you should be able to see what everone has done and said.:thumbup:

Clovis

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds kind of like a 2 stroke weed whacker to me. Personally I prefer the stock (quiet) sound. I use a Scala rider Q2 to listen to music while I ride. The speakers aren't terribly load so a louder exhaust would probably drown out the tunes.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
If you do decide to drill it a regular drill bit will work you just have to know how to drill stainless steel...low speed medium pressure. If you go at it high speed and a lot of pressure it builds to much heat and ruins the bit as well as making what your trying to drill harder. No need to waste a good masonary bit on metal