Any San Diego FZ6 Guys available to check out my bike?

barrman

Reaction score
Visit site
San Diego FZ6 Guys!

Would any of you be available maybe this weekend to check out my FZ6? It's a 2005 with ~42k on the odo. It's my first bike and I've had it for a couple months. There are a couple questions I have with regards to engine noise and some miscellaneous other operation-related questions. I was hoping that someone with much more experience with these bikes could listen/ride it and give me your opinion of how it's performing?

Everything seems to be fine, but because of the high mileage and my unfamiliarity with these bikes (or bikes in general) I want to make sure there's not any issues that i'm ignoring that a more experienced ear could detect.

I'm in La Mesa, and would be more than happy to meet a fellow San Diego FZ6 rider anywhere in San Diego!

twisty mcfisty

Reaction score
Visit site
You might want to give the VIN to your local Yammy dealer and have them run it to see if the TPS recall affected your unit. Also might want to check with the previous owner and see if the valves have been checked lately. Just a couple of items that came to mind. I awlays change the oil and ALL fluids when I buy a used bike. Makes me feel better plus I can check the oil and see how dirty it is. Forks might need some attention too...

Maybe someone would be available to help you, I'm across the country! Good luck and knees in the breeze! Take a MSF course if you haven't already. Good information that will save your life. Ride visible is my best advice.

TM

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Barrman:

Fellow San Diegan here, and former FZ6 owner :D

You may want to ping Motogiro, a member here on the forum and another San Diegan. I don't want to speak for him, but maybe he can help you out. He's also the resident electrical expert on the forum. :rockon:

You should come out and ride with us when we go on our local riding adventures!

And, +1 on having your VIN run to see if it has any recall work needed, like the TPS.

Last edited: