Any regrets?

Chantal

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All!
I was just wondering if anyone has thought about switching back to the faired version of their FZ6.
Is anyone tired of the wind or bugs...etc? Has anyone of you said, "I miss the comfort of the windscreen/fairing", or "the direct wind is slowing me down or too tiring"? ETC...Or is the naked conversion the best thing you did to your FZ for the look, uniqueness, riding experience? :D

I want to hear you guys gush about your nekkids!

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
ıt's been 2 months that i did naked conversion , no regret about the look but
if you usually ride in high ways and go long distances, fairings are functional.
I am always on streets, just one or two long rides per year.
so no regrets.

I'll try it with a naked fly screen soon. I hope it will be better on long distances.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I converted over the winter and have been riding naked now since mid March. I ride 70 miles a day on the highway, and tend to go for spiritied rides on the twisties with friends over the weekends. I love the new look of my naked FZ, and it has the placebo effect of being more fun to ride. It also gets a lot more looks now than before.

Sure, I feel the wind a lot more at highway speed, but even so, I dont regret it at all. Its not bad enough to outweigh the new look of the bike by any means, and now I tend to just hunker down a little lower over the tank when I ride.

Triple

uncomfortably numb
Reaction score
Visit site
I experience a more concentrated blast of wind on my faired FZ6 than I have any of my previous naked bikes. The riding position is just so that the wind coming over the top of the screen smashes me right in the face. The noise and turbulence are awful.

I actually expect the bike to become more comfortable at high speed after the fairing comes off.

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike now has more of a Cafe Racer feel now, I am way down over the tank at high speeds. I love the way it looks and honestly I go a little slower now without the fairing to turn me into a blue bullet on the highway. I am still getting used to the more forward lean when just riding around town. but honestly when I'm moving I can care less. Riding is my drug of choice. It took me a few years to find what and how I wanted to ride, and maybe I should have bought an R6, but I can honestly say I love my FZ6 and the work and modding I have put into it make it distinctly mine. NO Regrets at all.

sparkycrew

Reaction score
Visit site
i bought my fz6-n naked new and the first time riding it was really weird as i got a feeling like superman flying as the bike seems to become invisible,i have a yam fly screen on her now which work really well but sometimes i take it off just for the buzz of feeling like iam low flying

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
Regret? Not exactly...converted to naked this year, and so far I wouldnt really say regret. On the twistys and back streets, its sooo much better. On the highways its a little worse. But I love the back roads so much more that it outweighs it.

Although this weekend, on a ride with a few of my friends, we were on a highway and came to the crest of a big hill going about 75-80mph, and everyone punched it. Except there was a ridiculous wind at the top of the hill and me (the only naked one) couldnt fight it off and punch it, while they hunkered behind their windshields and took off.

.........but mostly its awesome!!!!:thumbup:

Chantal

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I think I will go for it and convert my bike to naked sometime this year. I'm pretty excited about it!! The FZ is such a beautiful bike as it is. However, I'm crazy about the look of naked bikes and streetfighters!

Also, any modification that will encourage me slow down is actually a good thing. One of the reasons why I bought the FZ6 was that I thought it would not 'encourage' me to speed like my previous bike did ('06 ZZR600). The only thing is, the FZ is soooooo fun and capable, that I'm riding as fast as before :spank:

So, this mod will help me to ride at a more reasonable pace AND I'll have a wicked looking bike to boot! :sinister:

Thanks again!

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
I experience a more concentrated blast of wind on my faired FZ6 than I have any of my previous naked bikes. The riding position is just so that the wind coming over the top of the screen smashes me right in the face. The noise and turbulence are awful.

I actually expect the bike to become more comfortable at high speed after the fairing comes off.

Exactly

ii just converted and love it. in fact if you look at my jacket there isn't any bugs from my shoulder down because of the old faring which would direct all the air there, now it is a more even and smooth airflow.

Chantal

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome...I'm glad that you all love the conversion and I am really looking forward to this mod. I'm sure that, occasionally, I will miss just tucking in behind the screen and gunning it...but I kind of have to stop doing that on public roads, anyway, so :thumbup: