Any one give Pig Spotters Mirrors a try?

Chackster

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I've just recently come out of my winter hybernation and am getting ready to dust off my baby. Been thinking of some mods to try, and I must say IMHO, the most unattractive aspect of the FZ6 are the mirrors. I would love to get my hands on mirrors that is are little sleeker and look less like insect antennae. I did some research and found these: http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/Pig_Spotter_Mirrors_Universal.htm

Wondering if any one has had any experience with them or just your general opinion. My one concern is the reduced visibility.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they look real slick..mirrors like that would clean the front up no end...problem is i would just be looking at my shoulders

V

VDITRAINING

I'd rather attach a mirror to my helmet like the bicyclists do than look thru them.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If it is a choice between looking cool and seeing whats going on behind me then being safe comes first.

They do look good thou. :eek:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They do look good, but (as has been said) visibilty would be minimal.

Bar-end mirrors would be the best option if you want to get rid of the "Antennea"
Check out Wolfman's bike (I know it's a naked... but you get the idea)

wolfman-albums-then-now-my-bikes-evolution-picture1875-nov-08.jpg

:)

Last edited:

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had them. They are pretty much useless for seeing anything behind you. Pretty good for blind spots though. Extremely overpriced for what they are, cheap hollow plastics, with a silver painted lens. I would not recommend them at all. When someone dropped my bike trying to steal it it cracked the right mirror and I just trashed the set.

I really hate the eyestalks of the fz6, but barend mirrors are just as ugly to me. Unfortunaly the search for an acceptable solution continues for me at least...

Here are the pics I have from when they where on.. sorry they don't really showcase the mirrors as that was not the intent at the time.

Chackster

Reaction score
Visit site
Ya. I guess I was thinking what most of you are. They would look pretty wicked, but not worth the reduction in visiblity. They actually advertise a 75-80% reduction so I can imagine what it really is. Thanks for the replys.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
@Kilbane - How do they attach to the bike? Just double sided tape?

It they even advertize at 75%-85% visibility reduction...how the f*ck are they supposed to even spot the 'pigs' (hence thier name pigspotters)???

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
@Kilbane - How do they attach to the bike? Just double sided tape?

It they even advertize at 75%-85% visibility reduction...how the f*ck are they supposed to even spot the 'pigs' (hence thier name pigspotters)???

When pigs fly, of course!

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
How do they attach to the bike? Just double sided tape?

They're "universal" so basically the bottom of them are solid.. you line them up with the existing mirror bolt holes, adjust to where you think they should and drill small pilot holes to screw the wood screws they come with in and they hold them on. Rinse and repeat until you get it right.