Any experience with AGV helmets?

Kanten

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys!

Just bought my FZ6n-S2 a couple of months ago and counting the split seconds until the demonic Norwegian winter let's go so I can pick it up.

For the occasion I want to get myself a new helmet and has got a feel for the AGV Stealth mat black (going for a black theme on the bike)

Do any of you guys have any experience with the Stealth in particular or AGV in general?

AGV Helmets AGV Stealth SV Mat Black - Agv Helmets KBC Helmets HJC Helmets Box Helmets Viper Helmets Nitro Helmets Scooter helmets

NearOn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I have the AGV S4 SV Zebra which is similar I think. It looks good and fits fine, though think I could do with different size inner cheek pads. It seems better than my old Caberg helmet, but wind noise is quite apparent which was dissapointing, but guess you pay more for the quieter ones. Also has different visor lock pegs, e.g touring, street and another one. The visor that comes with it is apparently anti fog, but during winter it was tested and fogged completely up so not that great a visor. Although I do like it, I often find myself just picking up my caberg helmet instead, probs just attached to it lol
See this link for one I have

AGV S4 SV Zebra Black White Red

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been using & recommending my AGV Stealth for over 4 years now & LOVE it :thumbup: Vision is great , airflow is the BEST on the market , its lightweight & suffers from absolutley NO wind buffetting :rockon: Only complaint I have is that due to the great airflow IMO it is a little noisey vut I know a guy who also wears one & he says its not noisey so each to there own i guess.. Its also a race spec helmet , so noisey I can handle when the rest of the helmet is that good :D

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i have the older version of the stealth. its quite a comfortable helmet that vents well, yes it is a tad noisy but it wont annoy you either. quality is also very good and its a solid helmet that scored 5 stars in the sharp test hence why i bought it. it has loosened a bit now so maybe its time to replace the cheek pads , but i like it a lot....my shark rsr 2 has a more comofrtable liner and fits tighter but its more race oriented and of course costs a few quid more...so overall i rate the stealth as a good solid helmet and value for money

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Just purchased an S4 on closeout. The antifog lining on the visor was crystalized and flaking on the center part. The helmet had been sitting around since late 2008. Current helmet is a Shark RSI. The RSI is much quieter, first time I wore the AGV I noticed the wind noise at 30 mph. It fits better than the Shart but the Shark is a much nicer helmet. The AGV flows more air so it will be cooler in hot weather, just have to wear ear plugs. The visor on the Shark is easier to taken off and is more robust. If I had the opportunity to change take the purchase of the AGV back I probably would.

Follow up - took the AGV out yesterday for a longer and faster ride, better impression. Air flow is great, it does have more wind noise at low speed but on the interstate it had less buffeting than my Shark and was a little quite.

Last edited:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I had (still have) the Matt Black Stealth. Best helmet ever. Just upgraded to the K4 as I wanted away from the black theme for a bit. Wish I didn't waste my money. Stealth was heaps better and comfier. If it fits your head, go for it.

Kanten

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the great info guys!
I have been busy so I didn't have the time to answer you.
I wen't to a store in Norway to try it on, and unfortunately it was way too tight on my cheekbones. (Fun fact: the S4 costs about 700 dollars in Norway)

But I found the Icon Airframe fits me nicely and is apparently a great helmet as well, so I'm going for the matte black one. It's in the mail together with my Two Bro's carbon black series. YAY! :-D

Again, thanks for the great info guys! Next time I'll keep it updatet ;-)

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I bought a agv s4 black helmet with 2 gold strips and a gold visor last year. And I have only used I once! As the wind noise is unbearable .....really it is that bad!

But there is light at the end of the tunnel, I went into a hein gericke last week got speakinng to the chaps in there and supposedly agv shipped the first few batches of 2010 model s4 and stealth helmets missing part of the padding thus causing the wind noise. So the guys at the agv dealers are sending me the replacement padding free of charge and they said most helmets now should have the extra padding unless its and early batch.

Apart from that I love it as it has all the options you could ever want plus I have the agv voice kit installed. For some pumping music, Bluetooth phone and GPS.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Kanten

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I bought a agv s4 black helmet with 2 gold strips and a gold visor last year. And I have only used I once! As the wind noise is unbearable .....really it is that bad!

But there is light at the end of the tunnel, I went into a hein gericke last week got speakinng to the chaps in there and supposedly agv shipped the first few batches of 2010 model s4 and stealth helmets missing part of the padding thus causing the wind noise. So the guys at the agv dealers are sending me the replacement padding free of charge and they said most helmets now should have the extra padding unless its and early batch.

Apart from that I love it as it has all the options you could ever want plus I have the agv voice kit installed. For some pumping music, Bluetooth phone and GPS.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Are you missing the chin curtain or what's wrong?
Sounds weird that it's that noisy... And it's a bummer to spend that amount of money on something you can't use! Hope it works out for you!

Yeah, the S4 is a great looking helmet, and the voice kit is brilliant. I have my Airframe now, and it's KICK ASS :-D
I tried the S4 but didn't like the sun visor. Everything looked a bit weird trough it. Kinda like wearing reading glasses.

Pa fz6

100 miles and runnin'
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the AGV Stealth and I like it. It's the only helmet I have ever had so I cannot comment on the noise. Airflow is good. I have a huge, round head so I have to talk the cheek pads out to wear it and it is a 2X. I would recommend the Stealth.

aca035

Reaction score
Visit site
I would reccomend you to try shoei ,arai ,shark. agv from my experience is not so good for money you give.:)

Pa fz6

100 miles and runnin'
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an AGV Stealth. Not a bad helmet, but not the greatest. Lining is thin, but relatively comfortable. Shield change is a b*tch. Helmet is light. Does not cover below the chin that much. Looks good, fit and finish were above average. I upgraded to a Bell Star Ace of Diamonds, which is much more comfortable.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an AGV Miglia. It's a great helmet for the price and I love everything about it except the poor ventilation. In the winter it's great; summer, not so much.

-Nick

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Found Karen's next helmet, guess what?! it's an AGV!!!

518x6GcQKTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

j/k :spank:

I wear a Vega err... i want to say it's called an Attitude?? And it's great, was cheap like 120 and i've battle tested a Vega dirtbike helmet and that thing kept me nice and safe, the thing i worried least about when i was going down, was my head :D

However, you get what you pay for... dropped it twice, second time plastic screw heads on the right side both sheared off ...had to back both out, take one from other side and replace it in the side with none... screen closes but is not longer wind tight... so i guess i'm in the market for a helmet :rolleyes: