Another Streetfighter completed!!!!!

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't been active much as of late mainly due to new job and working on the bike but I still lurk a few times a week. Had a nasty for me low speed crash back in Jan which broke my foot due to it getting hung under the shifter. Didn't do much damage to the bike thanks to sliders but did crack the left eyebrow piece so pushed me to go streetfighter. Finally just about finished with the current list of mods and thought you guys would enjoy pics. Most recently I have converted over to the Demon streetfighter fairing, painted the whole bike Satin Black and changed from the BT016 to the new Dunlop Q2's all of which I have been very pleased with. Still have some maintenance things to handle but that stuff will be here this week....i.e clutch plates, brakes and air filter.

picture.php

:rockon:
picture.php

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Closest Front on shot I have which is before I painted it. It's a decent Frontend for the price. Lights leave little to be desired but upgraded to 35watt over the 25's it came with helped. Still wouldn't want to ride in the woods middle of the night by myself just not enough beam. For city cruising it's fine though. Deffinately see now why the good fairings are so much more $$..

picture.php

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone...yea the seat is my favorite thing both in comfort and style.....beats that old stock plank hands down.

Looks great! Any plans to relocate the horn? I recently moved mine to behind the radiator. Love the seat! :rockon:

Never really thought about it till now. I may look into that this weekend while doing other work. :thumbup:

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
I have/had that same headlight fixture and the thing kept shorting out my system. Have you had any problems with it? Looking to get this one

No problems here other than I've already blown 2 bulbs although I was not very pleased with the way the wiring was when it came so I spent a little time cleaning it up before I mounted it. I do remember figuring out the wiring being a bit of a PITA sounds like maybe you had one of the wires crossed up which would be real easy to do with that thing.

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
No problems here other than I've already blown 2 bulbs although I was not very pleased with the way the wiring was when it came so I spent a little time cleaning it up before I mounted it. I do remember figuring out the wiring being a bit of a PITA sounds like maybe you had one of the wires crossed up which would be real easy to do with that thing.

Well check that.....I think you jinxed me :banghead: lol. Spent the last two days dealing with blown bulbs and fuses. After this I wouldn't recomend this front end to anyone that wasn't willing to do some work to make it right. Aparently all the sockets and connections are pretty much super cheapo. The bulb sockets were heating up the the point they were grounding themselves out inside even with the 25watt bulbs not to mention the 35w. My solution was to retain the blinkers but gut everything else from inside and replace with a couple 2" round 55w Driving lights. Had to make a bracket to house them but final result is how this thing should have come. Much better light and with drives retained in seperate housing inside the frontend will help protect them.