another new rider/member

darksidefz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just purchased my first bike ever and happens to be a brand new 2009(that's correct) FZ6R. It had literally 3 miles on it when I left the dealership yesterday. I really like this bike and has so far been the most comfortable sport bike I have ever been on. I just thought I would say hello and introduce myself a little bit. My name is Dustin and I am 23 years old. I do not have a lot of experience on motorcycles and already plan on taking the riders safety course they offer locally here. I was wondering if there are any tips or tricks about these bikes at all? Thanks again and hope to be around for a while.

d0602e54.jpg

edit: also, one of the first things I would like to do to this bike is the rear fender eliminator.

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike, your going to love it the better you get to know it and gain experience. Take it slow, learn the bike and how it behaves. Just remember to ride comfortable and you'll be fine. It's a good thing to take the rider safety course, you'll learn a lot. :welcome:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the forum! :BLAA:

As others have said ATGATT. Some one on the forum had a chart that showed different materials and how long they lasted with a certain amount of weight on the material. I don't remember the weight but it was very low and jeans lasted, I think, 4 feet. Get at least a pair of Kevlar lined jeans, a decent jacket, gloves and boots.

Last edited: