Another New dude

mib7289

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my 2008 FZ6 yesterday. This was my second bike and is awesome. My first one was a 1989 CBR 600 that was awesome but only for periods of 3-4 weeks and then would break and suck for a couple of months. I loved that bike b/c i knew every thing about it and was just starting to get into stunting pretty heavily. I don't want to run the engine in my FZ6 to hard yet and am trying to let the bike break in nice and easy. If anybody has any tip about the bike, the engine, the powerband or anything else about the FZ6 it would be much appreciated before i hit 600 miles and start running a lot harder.

Also the black color does give the FZ6 5 more HP

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

After break in you can play a little with her and see just how much the grin factor increases post 8k :)

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome....very good choice bro. You will love your FZ6 once its broken in. Past 7-8k RPM...unleash her awesome power, but only after a good 2000 miles or more. Treat her right.
Safe riding.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum! I think you'll come to appreciate the FZ6 and it's capabilities more with each passing day. Make sure you change the engine oil and filter at or before 600 miles. That will help get rid of tiny abrasive metal chips from the engine break-in.

Congrats on the bike!