Another frame slider question...

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe their "left" is looking at it from the front not sitting on the seat?.... my Fs6 sliders are un-equal lengths and the long one is clutch side.

Trouble

Reaction score
Visit site
This is what T-Rex responded with:

John,
Thank you for the pictures. The instructions was what I thought I should be. But after looking at the scratches on the stator/clutch, I think making the left slider a little longer would not hurt. As far as the upper cowl, bar end, the lever, rear handle, I don't think any frame sliders would help. You may need the bar end sliders, the the fork sliders and swingarm sliders for those. The reason I say this b/c in order for the upper cowl, bar end and lever to clear the ground in a low side, The sliders have to be long or possibly 5" or longer. I found that the longer the sliders the weaker they become and tend to bend in a low side therefore causing more damage than shorter sliders. (think of what happen in a slide if you have foot-long frame sliders).
If you like I can send you a longer slider for the left side. Please let me know.
Thank you for your understanding,
Tom

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone else low sided on the left side with frame sliders and have photos to prove the damage? There were some great shots of a right side low side showing minimal damage. His right side cowl didn't even look damaged...

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Trouble: It's good that, at least, T-rex returns correspondence...although I'm still not convinced that the longer slider belongs on the right side. "Tom" similarily responded to me about my bolt length story. I consider it very good customer service whenever there is a real-person response and not some boilerplate, canned, pre-fab response. Thanks Trouble for posting the response!

Yamahahauler

Reaction score
Visit site
Why not make them the same length for both sides? If a long one is good on one side why would it not be good on the other? I do see where the fork, bar end and swingarm sliders would be of great benefit as well. I am sitting here wondering to myself would all of this combined keep the very expensive engine cases off the ground.