Another Exhaust Thread

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I know I Know.. "Use the Search" I have. I have read all there is to read on this forum about aftermarket exhaust.

Now that I am seriously wanting to buy I still have questions.

1) What's the deal with db killers anyway? Are they available in the states or not? Are they just available for 2 brothers or for scorpions as well?
I really would like the option of being able to quiet the cans down a little if they are too loud.

2) Carbon vs aluminum - is there really much difference aside from the way they look? Assuming they would sound about the same.

3) Does 2 brothers supply a fender kit or do I buy that separate? What about scorpion?

I like the scorpions because of the price point but the ability to add db killers would be a deciding factor. I have read good things about the Leo's as well.
Decisions Decisions. Please someone help me out. Thanks!!!

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the akra's, titanium, not aluminum, db killers make the akra;s sound almost like stock,
does not include a FE kit, I have a rizoma FE.
sounds like a whole different bike, love em, they look great, forget about anything other than two bro's or akra's.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
2) Carbon vs aluminum - is there really much difference aside from the way they look? Assuming they would sound about the same.

Sound will be almost identical, apart from looks, weight is the other bonus with carbon fibre.
3) Does 2 brothers supply a fender kit or do I buy that separate? What about scorpion?

If you get the 2Bros, you need an FE as the old fender wont fit on, any FE will do, but you don't get one with your pipes unless you pay extra. Not sure about the Scorps.

I like the scorpions because of the price point but the ability to add db killers would be a deciding factor. I have read good things about the Leo's as well.
Decisions Decisions. Please someone help me out. Thanks!!!

I may be biased, but I'd go with the Leo's. They come with dB killers installed, (they work well too), and you can still use your old fender.... as ugly as that is, it means the bike is still legal (apart from the noise...lol).

:rockon:

BroHay

FZ1 Mod-a-holic
Reaction score
Visit site
Not quite sure how the CF fairs since the pipes reside under the tail as opposed to being on the side as they are on my FZ1.....but fit and finish look great (initially) but can fade/flake over time.

Can't say that I care much for the aluminum but TITANIUM is where it is at (IMO)

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
The 2bros come with the fe kits, but IMO they are over priced. I was gonna get the scorpions untill I got an awesome deal on some titanium leo's and I'm glad I went with them. They have 2 seperate db killers that you can use...the one disk that goes in the cat delete pipe, and the ones in the mufflers themselves. I dont' have any in right now and I think it sounds perfect. Everynow and then I'll put the ones back in the mufflers, but it seems like the loudness of the exhasut doesn't change as much as the tone does. You can't go wrong with the Leo's.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpion Carbon Fiber - new style :D :thumbup:

Everyones opinion will be different. I don't like 2 bros CF weave - others love it.