...Another boot post

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
I have learned to search the forum extensively before posting new threads mainly because I can find answers/reviews for anything I can think of. However this time I am having a frustrating time trying to find the right boots. I have been shopping for 2 weeks now. I guess what Im looking for I'm not going to find: I need a breathable boot thats also waterproof for under 200 bucks. I live in Florida where we get instant torrential downpours yet it's 90 degees for 4 months.
What boots do you have living in the deep south? ANY comments/suggestions welcome

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There are boots that have vents but I don't know how waterproof they are. I'm sure you don't mean vented and waterproof at the same time... Sidi has a boot that's not what you would call waterproof but it's made from a material that's supposed to be better than leather and it has mechanical vents that can open and close. You probably won't find them new for 200 bucks....

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My boots are Berik GPX Waterproof - yes they work. I tested them in the rain last week. All good :D

I can't see how a vented boot can be that waterproof. Mine aren't vented but I don't get too hot in them. The cost me AUS$220 but they are cheaper than that now.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My Falco boots are not vented but they are definately waterproof :thumbup: Ive never had an issue of them getting to hot even on days when the mercury hits +40c & they are warm in sub zero temps :D Check em out , i highly recommend them :rockon:
330_350x0.jpg

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you get those Falco boots? I googled them but could not find them. Are those the 330 AXIS 2 ?

Last edited:

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've also got the Berik GPX WP boots and find them excellent in heavy rain, and also not too hot. For breathability you'll have to go goretex (and definitely over $200).

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
try getting some thin wickable socks.. possibly a wickable liner for whatever boot.. that might help with keeping your feet cool... i recomend anything from sidi.. i love my pair and their worth every penny... good luck :thumbup:

philosopheriam

aka: Mr. Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
What size are your feet? I have a pair of Sidi's for sale that are almost new and cheap. They aren't 100% waterproof, but they are much cooler than a set of waterproof boots.

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im an alpine star guy. I got an awesome pair of alpine stars with vents that are water proof and not tachy or anything. They look really good, basic black with 2 pucks and the star is white so not all flashy. i think i paid 250 for mine brand new and shipped from alpine star website. they have a sizing chart on the site as well

UHcougarJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
I have two pairs off boots that I wear when I ride that are gor-tex lined and water proof. One pair are Bates Service Boots and the other are Rockies Service Boots. They are water proof but a little hot. I’m in Houston so it don’t matter what you wear from May to September you gona be hot.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Komodo Pro boots, ride in the rain and they are waterproof as long as I put my pants over the outside - if not the water runs down your leg and into the boot!!! I'm in Alabama and they are OK for being cool. Bought them in the winter and notice right off they were cooler than the Joe Rockets.

Purchased them from Komodo - I sent them an email asking about the size and received a quick response. Right now they are $125 on the web site.

Komodo makes good stuff that holds up if you ever need to use it.

On another note get good gear and wear it. Couple of days ago in Chattanooga watched a van start to turn left just after I passed. Two HD's were 100 yards or more behind me. Van saw the bikes and swerved back while in the left lane (left from my perspective) and the bikes were in the right lane. Girl on the 2nd HD had on a tank top and appeared to be a beginner. Don't know about them but my heart beat real fast for the next few minutes!