Another bar end mirror thread

special_k_828

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey fellow naked riders!

I just finished my VS02 conversion and am trying to figure out the mirror situation. I bought the kit used so I don't have the stalk mounted mirrors nor the clips that come with the kit originally. I ended up buying some rizoma copies off ebay

FM Bar End Rearview Mirror for Yamaha YZF R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 | eBay

After doing a forum search, I am having the same issues as others did. This mirror has the rubber expanding collar that's supposed to fit in standard 7/8 bars. With our bike, we have the threaded collar in there and thus, the expanding collar will not fit in there.

I've seen others mount just the ring part to the stock bar end. I am not keen on moving my controls inwards and my clutch lever will hit the back of the stalk of the mirror if I have it in this position. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Anyone got this type of mirror to successfully fit?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You have several options.

1. (this is the one I'd go with): Find a machine shop in your area. Have them cut a groove into original bar end. Should be relatively cheap ($20-30).

2. Buy RhinoMoto bar ends with grooves for bar end mirrors. They sell for about $80. They are lighter than original (200 grams vs 300 grams for OEM).

3. Yank out the threaded insert from the OEM handlebar. (I actually have FZ1 bar lying around without threaded inserts, so I know it can be done).
You can then use the provided expanding nut setup.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
A_007.jpg

I used standart (cheap aftermarket) bar ends with rizoma grips without any issues so far.
But last weekend when i was on a long trip, i noticed something wrong with the throttle response. First i thought Cramp buster was just slipping round the grip but then i grabbed the grip and nothing changed.

I coudln't understand if it was a fuel injetor problem or throttle issue. But deaccelaration takes more time than i expected. And a lag in accelaration. Out of control.
I'll check it and lube the trottle part this weekend and see if the issue is solved.

Last edited:

Fbrand619

Noob on bigboybike
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey fellow naked riders!

I just finished my VS02 conversion and am trying to figure out the mirror situation. I bought the kit used so I don't have the stalk mounted mirrors nor the clips that come with the kit originally. I ended up buying some rizoma copies off ebay

FM Bar End Rearview Mirror for Yamaha YZF R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 | eBay

After doing a forum search, I am having the same issues as others did. This mirror has the rubber expanding collar that's supposed to fit in standard 7/8 bars. With our bike, we have the threaded collar in there and thus, the expanding collar will not fit in there.

I've seen others mount just the ring part to the stock bar end. I am not keen on moving my controls inwards and my clutch lever will hit the back of the stalk of the mirror if I have it in this position. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Anyone got this type of mirror to successfully fit?

I am going to go the same rout.....