And this is what I just ordered!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
2010-Firstgear-Rush-Mesh-Jacket.jpg

I'd been trying to get a Tall jacket in DayGlo, the Air Force Base I work at will soon be requiring it. According to FirstGear this is a replacement for their "Mesh-Tex" jacket; if it's half as good as their Kilimanjaro (which I own, but in basic black :mad: ) I'll be happy.

Details here: Firstgear Rush Mesh Jacket - Street Bike - Men's Riding Gear - Motorcycle Superstore

Here's the "requirement" for a "Brightly-colored" jacket that I have to follow:

BrightColorsHill.jpg

The majority of the jacket's color must fall within the dark black line on that color wheel. Gotta love the guv'mint! :tard: I'll also have to replace my Kilimanjaro, can get it in DayGlo Tall too, but I might spring for an Aerostich instead...

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Aww that sucks. My friend in Enid gets away with just a reflective belt worn crossways over his shoulder. That third jacket in the "acceptable" jacket doesn't look very bright though.

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
This is what I have. Riders Discount When I bought my bike, the dealer said that it would eventually be mandatory (no more reflective belts) so he threw it in for free and I didnt even ask. I was pleasantly suprised though I am not a big fan of wearing it.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Geesh, next you know AF will have to approve of GF? I guess, AF figures it has lots of $ invested in you, huh? I never was in service but AF sounded tempting.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what I have. Riders Discount When I bought my bike, the dealer said that it would eventually be mandatory (no more reflective belts) so he threw it in for free and I didnt even ask. I was pleasantly suprised though I am not a big fan of wearing it.
Yes, I could've gone with one of those vests, but (a) that's one more thing to put on and off each time, and (b) I've heard several coworkers say they can sometimes ride up at Interstate speeds! :eek:

Tailgate, someone told me on another thread that Navy bases have had this requirement for some time...

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I could've gone with one of those vests, but (a) that's one more thing to put on and off each time, and (b) I've heard several coworkers say they can sometimes ride up at Interstate speeds! :eek:

Tailgate, someone told me on another thread that Navy bases have had this requirement for some time...

You are absolutely right, it does tend to ride up. That is one of the reasons I hate wearing it. I only wear it when I am actually on post. I usually pull of the side of the road right before I go off post & take it off.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
being required to be more visible isn't all bad. It would suck to spend a month dodging bullets just to come home and get hit by a bus.

Debaser

Reaction score
Visit site
The other day I bought the Richa RIX-2

richa_flouro_front.jpg

I commute everyday and my last jacket was 9 years old so I needed a new one and knew I needed to make myself more visible. Most people on my commute use hi-vis bibs, but I think that would anoy me so I went for a high-vis jacket.

So far it's fantastic, I really notice that people notice me more and do a double take before pulling out in front of me. Also the protection is much more comfortable than my last jacket and feels much lighter. It also comes with a Z-liner to cut out the wind as well as a winter warmer liner which works really well.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I got my jacket about two weeks ago but the bike was in the shop, finally got it out and tried out both. :cheer:
Jacket fits well, although the sleeves are a tad shorter than my Tourmaster Intake; my summer tan-lines will now be 2" rings on my wrists, instead of 1"-ers! :rolleyes: :D It has a windproof liner that's easy to remove, but not a second, quilted liner like my Intake; that's okay as I normally have a winter-weight coat with 3/4 length anyway.
Damn, that DayGlo is bright! I had to readjust my rearview mirrors to the outside just a bit, the jacket was too distracting otherwise. I pulled up behind a large pickup truck with one of those large vertical chromed bumpers, and had to put my sun visor down! It reflects off the instrument panel when I'm riding forward/aggressive, and even off my helmet windshield if I have it open a crack. Guess that's all good, as hopefully the texting cagers will notice a bit more.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, one thing I really like about Firstgear is your jacket/coat comes with a well-made, plastic and steel hanger sized to fit your coat and rounded arms to help your coat keep its shape. Sweet!

One final, hilarious note: because of the new rules on the base, the BX (military shopping center) set up a small display with helmets, orange vests and bright motorcycle jackets, since it was soon going to be a booming business with the base population. They had a huge amount of helmets, all sizes and two different brands.
Available in one color. One color only.

Flat black.

Idjits!!! :Flip: :Flip: :Flip:

Last edited: