Amazing Aircraft Pictures

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Been reading wrightme43's Bar posts and thoroughly enjoying them, so I thought I should give something back ...

"For those of you who love air shows. This sequence is interesting in that the “sneak streak” that the Blues do was caught by the photographer as solo 5 flew across the San Francisco bay at about 20 feet AWL. You can see the water below the airplane condense at wave level and also see shock waves forming around the rear of the plane as it flies transonic (between subsonic and supersonic). The shock waves distort the view of the background. This type of imagery isn’t caught very often. Pretty good stuff."

BZ's '07 San Francisco Fleetweek Photo Gallery

If you scroll down to the bottom there's a link to pictures of the Nellis Airshow where my baby was flying.

W

wrightme43

Thats awesome. I love the Blue Angels. When those guys go back to the fleet, can you imagine what it would be like to be in a fighter plane against them?

My friend Nikki from the reef aquarium forum, her brother three years ago worked inside Fat Albert. On the desk top I have some cool pictures, I will round them up later.

Thanks for posting this. I love fighter planes, and Super Cobra Gunships. The damage they and the Apache put into tanks is something else.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been going to airshows since was able to walk so Ive seen alot of cool things, but the Blue angels are by far the best performers ive seen. I have a friend who was who a crew chief for one of the blue angles. He has some cool stories. I think all the airshows i went to as a kid caused me to choose my profession. I am a pilot for those who didnt know.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW amazing pictures. I'm surprised that they are allowed to do that, generally there are pretty strict rules for that kind of flying when there is public around. Well it definately makes for some spectacular photo's.

I remember the Blue Angels when they practiced over Pensacola beach (I think it was every Tuesday when they didn't have a show). Definately the best aerobatic team around.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't even imagine how loud it must have been for those folks on the boats when the Blue Angels were streaking across the bay at that low of an altitude. Probably shattered all the windows off the boats. There was an airshow here in Vegas last month at the air base. It was a free show and the Blue Angels performed there as well. I didn't go but I did have an opportunity to see them at an airshow at Jacksonville Beach Fl a few years ago. A "must see" if anyone hasn't had an opportunity to see them yet.

Great pics, screensaver material.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
.... I didn't go but I did have an opportunity to see them at an airshow at Jacksonville Beach Fl a few years ago. A "must see" if anyone hasn't had an opportunity to see them yet.

Great pics, screensaver material.

Yeah I saw them at NAS Jacksonville airshow too, excellent. :thumbup:

W

wrightme43

You know sometimes as they are drifting off to sleep at night, they just sit up and laugh. I mean I will be riding the bike and notice I am grinning from ear to ear. Those guys have to walk around just smiling all the time.

H

HavBlue

The pilot of this F18 aircraft is Lieutenant Ron Candiloro, VF-151, USS Constellation (CV-64). The picture was taken July 07 1999 while off the coast of Hawaii. The Photographer, Ensign John Gay, VF-2, USS Constellation (CV-64) was standing on the port side of the flight deck when the plane passed by and went supersonic at an altitude of less than 200 feet.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The pilot of this F18 aircraft is Lieutenant Ron Candiloro, VF-151, USS Constellation (CV-64). The picture was taken July 07 1999 while off the coast of Hawaii. The Photographer, Ensign John Gay, VF-2, USS Constellation (CV-64) was standing on the port side of the flight deck when the plane passed by and went supersonic at an altitude of less than 200 feet.
There's a video of this incident too, I'll try to find it tomorrow after my nachos get cold. It's cool!

H

HavBlue

This picture was taken at SFO (San Francisco International Airport). While it appears the two planes are dangerously close, they are actually quite a ways apart. The illusion is created by the difference in size relative to the two planes.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Which one was your baby?

What do you fly?

I am a Junior in college studying to get my BA in Aviation science with a professional pilot option......as of right now i fly cessna 182 RG's single engine prop with retractable gear...they cruise at around 150kts, but just one more year and i'll be flying for the airlines in the big leagues

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a Junior in college studying to get my BA in Aviation science with a professional pilot option......as of right now i fly cessna 182 RG's single engine prop with retractable gear...they cruise at around 150kts, but just one more year and i'll be flying for the airlines in the big leagues

Sounds great, I once did a couple of lessons which was great for a couple of times but learning to fly seriously costs a lot of money. But then again you end up with an amazing job. :thumbup: