• Yes i love them to death

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • No i think they are stupid

Votes: 123 97.6%

• Total voters

jdodge963

Reaction score
Visit site
Am i alone on this? I hate the look of streched bikes. I dont know what it is i just think they look stupid, unless it is some sort of drag bike.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I absolutely agree that 99% of the time, stretched bikes look really dumb... Drag bikes and the occasional drift bike look okay, but it neds to be a professional looking job... not this "OMG I bought an extended swingarm for my r6 so now I'm cooooooool" junk that seems to be going around...

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Drag bikes would make sense....but thats still not for me.

Street bikes....well thats just silly. :BLAA:

CowtownBiomed

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't get my head around the destruction (basicaly) of a well engineered suspension made to handle most road conditions, into something that will basicaly only go in a strait line, on the steets..

By looking at the results of your poll (so far) it seems most (here) agree...

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Land speed record breaking, Drag racing and hill climbing are all OK. I have to admit I have never seen an extended swing arm bike here in Ireland or the UK.

Neil:thumbup:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Everybody has different taste... that's the beauty of motorcycles,you can modify them to your liking...... ask any stretched swingarm bike owner what they think about an FZ6......... you will probably get an answer like this ( WTF is an FZ6?) just saying..... :rockon: :rockon:

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
"OMG I bought an extended swingarm for my r6 so now I'm cooooooool"

Exactly. Once they realize that just buying an R6 as their first bike doesn't make them cool enough, an extended swingarm will surely make them the coolest people on the block. Plus, they don't know how to ride their new R6 anyway, so an extended swingarm won't really hurt the handling too much :BLAA:.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys realy make me laugh.... :rolleyes: you know just saying,most of the guys I know that ride stretched bikes own 2 or bikes at the least,and have more riding experiance than Duncan has doughnut's....... but if you want to judge a book by it's cover and put fellow riders in a box don't be suprized when you end up freindless and riding alone..... once again just saying

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
... but if you want to judge a book by it's cover and put fellow riders in a box don't be suprized when you end up freindless and riding alone..... once again just saying

Ehh, to be honest with you, my experience has been more like this:

I don't want to ride with owners of extended swingarm bikes, because most of them ride like a-holes anyway...

But that's just my experience. I give everyone their fair shot, once.

And the chances of me riding alone where I live are slim to none, it's a pretty conservative area here, lots of tourers/cruisers. When all else fails, my family rides. :)

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ehh, to be honest with you, my experience has been more like this:

I don't want to ride with owners of extended swingarm bikes, because most of them ride like a-holes anyway...

But that's just my experience. I give everyone their fair shot, once.

And the chances of me riding alone where I live are slim to none, it's a pretty conservative area here, lots of tourers/cruisers. When all else fails, my family rides. :)

I ride like an A-hole..... so I reckon i'm off the guest list..... LMAO! :thumbup: :thumbup: :BLAA:

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
For the record, of course not everyone who has an extended swingarm is a squid A-hole. Just like not everyone who eats at Mcdonalds every day is obese...

OneCheekRider

One Cheek On The Seat!
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys realy make me laugh.... :rolleyes: you know just saying,most of the guys I know that ride stretched bikes own 2 or bikes at the least,and have more riding experiance than Duncan has doughnut's....... but if you want to judge a book by it's cover and put fellow riders in a box don't be suprized when you end up freindless and riding alone..... once again just saying

You must ride with a bunch of guys with Harleys :BLAA:

Just kidding.

Stretched bikes are not for me but everyone has their own taste. I can respect a stretched bike done right...

jdodge963

Reaction score
Visit site
I wasnt trying to step on toes, i was just wondering if other people didnt like the look of them as i dont. I agree everyone has their taste in whatever it may be but it is not for me.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I think the person USES the extended swing arm, then yes I think it is badass because it is cool and functional. Drifter-bikes are pretty damned EPIC in this regard. Or even if it's just done up tastefully and the guy doesn't put me off, then I have no problem.

But, if the person is a 'tard, then it doesn't matter how nice the bike is, I will want to wash it with fire.