Alternative Highway Pegs (Cheaper, too!)

MUTCHYMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking to get some Highway Pegs onto my bike because after 350 miles, my legs start cramping even after a stop and stretch! Also, my knees begin to get very sore from the constant bent position. Although I can get my legs resting on the Frame Sliders as most suggest, it takes some skill and mind/muscle power to keep them up there.

While in the local bike store (Iron Pony in Columbus, Oh) I found some universal highway pegs. They were <$20 out the door and with some seperate bolts and spacers/washers ($5 more) they make a very stable and suitable alternative to >$150 for an engine guard and pegs. They may not look amazingly stock or professional, but they do the job well for those on a budget!

Last edited:

MUTCHYMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
They look pretty good to me, would be great for when touring, but would they scrape a bit in turns?

I will let you know when I hit the road with them. Based on what I am seeing, it doesn't look like they'll scrape but only time will tell... They definately won't scrape when folded up since they don't stick out further than the other engine parts!

MUTCHYMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Any brand will do, so long as they have the straight mounting system such as [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Chrome-Highway-Yamaha-Raider/dp/B0050WDQ9U/ref=pd_ybh_1?pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=ybh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0HHSZTDSHP71D0HMS1FQ"]this pair from Amazon[/ame]. The all chrome looks a little goofy compared to the black rubber ones, however I was afraid of the rubber melting being directly next to the hottest parts of the engine.