Alright, lets see those numbers!

teslas

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok folks I want to know how far you can get before your reserve light comes on (errr... the Blinking gas guage).
Mine comes on at about 135 miles and I put in 3.89 gallons.

S

sportrider

I don't know my record but I average about 156 miles between regularly scheduled fuel stops and normally pump around 4 Gallons

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine comes on at around 12 liters or 3.17 gallons. Too scared to go much further without stopping somewhere even though I know I'm getting around 100km/6L fuel mileage and theoretically I should still have around 6 or 7 liters left in the tank.

H

HavBlue

4.1 gallons and roughly 180 miles as a general rule. It's like clock work. I don't understand why some of these are coming on well under the reserve mark of 1 gallon?

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
4.1 gallons and roughly 180 miles as a general rule. It's like clock work. I don't understand why some of these are coming on well under the reserve mark of 1 gallon?

Maybe we should all be consistent as to how full we're filling to. HaveBlue, are you filling until the gas is just touching the bottom of the filler guard (for lack of a better word) looking down into the tank while the bike is up on the centerstand? I know I haven't been doing that and it sounds like I can squeeze close to another gallon in there.

H

HavBlue

Maybe we should all be consistent as to how full we're filling to. HaveBlue, are you filling until the gas is just touching the bottom of the filler guard (for lack of a better word) looking down into the tank while the bike is up on the centerstand? I know I haven't been doing that and it sounds like I can squeeze close to another gallon in there.

Pretty close to what you are suggesting. I fill the bike on the side stand and I fill it until the fuel hits all but like two of the small outer holes on the high side. If I wait till the fuel odometer is around 20-25 miles it will take like 4.2-4.3. I'm just trying to figure out why the thing would come on when some of these bikes are like what, half a gallon under the mark?

Zebratounge

Reaction score
Visit site
I went for a long ride Saturday, starting out with about 40 miles on the OD
at 188 the reserve came on and I went 12 more to get gas. trip was showing 200 for the tank. I don't ride very hard may have something to do with it.

H

HavBlue

The difference between US and UK gallons may account for the differences in how much it takes to fill up but it won't affect the mileage on a full tank.

I don't think their pumps read in gallons. I think they read in liter units.