almost bought an Fz6 Today

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so i went and looked at an FZ6 today here is the link to it

2007 FZ6

The bike was in good shape it was clean for the most part just a light scratch on the right hand mirror and a small paint scratch on the back right side, I offer him 3400 cash he said no that he was sticking to his asking price so i left :( . I would had offer him more but He did not have the pink in hand and gave me the talk about sending it once he paid the bank.

How much should a Used FZ6 cost in all reality ? for the 07 Kbb is 4200 Retail but assuming that the bike has been recondition to excellent condition, and this price should be coming from a dealer not private party with cash in hand. what would you pay for a used FZ6 if you had the option to buy one?

My spending gap is between 3k to 4k do you think i would get a good bike with that money?

Dinodude

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy- I just got my FZ6 yesterday! A red '06 and paid $3450. He was asking $3900. I had a guy I know who knows bikes quite well and he told me it needs a new front tire, new chain and sprockets and a good cleaning!. Atleast it matches my wifes' new, to her, '07 Kawasaki 650r, btw both of them are red. This bike is a blast! I've owned 20 some bikes over the years and this one is my favorite. My wife learned street riding on a Kawasaki 250, probably one of the best bikes to learn on.
I spent a lot of time researching the Yamaha FZ6, FZ1, Suzuki 650's, Kawasaki 650's and the FZ1 won on all counts. I had a limited budget and even though the Kawasaki ran a little less $$, the FZ6 seemed like the best fit and so far i Love it. Bill

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so i went and looked at an FZ6 today here is the link to it

2007 FZ6

The bike was in good shape it was clean for the most part just a light scratch on the right hand mirror and a small paint scratch on the back right side, I offer him 3400 cash he said no that he was sticking to his asking price so i left :( . I would had offer him more but He did not have the pink in hand and gave me the talk about sending it once he paid the bank.

How much should a Used FZ6 cost in all reality ? for the 07 Kbb is 4200 Retail but assuming that the bike has been recondition to excellent condition, and this price should be coming from a dealer not private party with cash in hand. what would you pay for a used FZ6 if you had the option to buy one?

My spending gap is between 3k to 4k do you think i would get a good bike with that money?

My opinion would be biased considering that is exactly the same as my FZ6 - even the Puig windscreen (mine's smoke, not red). You even get new tires. Sounds like a great deal, I love mine. :rockon:

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
about 7350 miles on the bike
wife don't want me to spend more then 4k so my options are limited to these bikes
I found another 09 with 3000 miles blue " MY color blue" asking 4700 and another 07 red with 500 miles for 4700 I am torn on what route to take

Last edited:

bobvilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Got mine a couple weeks ago. 2008 /w 2200 miles for 3690 and not a scratch on it. Really happy /w it n have put about 400 miles on it :thumbup:

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
That's the problem that people here in the bay area overprice their bikes in my opinion, every once in a while you will see a fz6 go for a reassonable price but as of right to me nothing seems reassonable, for instance about 2 weeks ago I had my eye on this 07 with 10k miles red 1 month old tires Corbin seat givi bag or whatever and it was posted for $3400. But I was not in the market for one yet , now that I am in the market the posting expire and I have no way of contacting the buyer sucks I know.

ericausand

Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine back in may for 3200 with scorpion exhaust, lower fairings, fender eliminator, abd puig screen (which I put a small crack in tonight loading it in my van.:spank:

I've got a new TS seat and givi bags now. So I'm in heaven with this bike as my commuter!

I also put a 3 inch riser on the bars and adjustable pegs on her. Now even with my retched back I can ride a sport bike and be comfortable.

All told I'm in for 4300 bucks. oh yea, it's an 05 with 1,265 miles on it.

Take a road trip to a cheaper market like nevada or something! Bay prices are inflated like NYC prices are. I drove to Maryland from CT for my bike.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a pretty sweet ride for the price. The 07's are a bit more desirable since it was updated that year. you can check wikipedia for the lowdown on what changed (I have an '06). If the seller is asking 3800 but you are offering 3400 you only have a small gap to fill. halfway there is $3600. I think that is a pretty good deal. Shop around if you want but right now you are in season. over the winter you might find some killer deals.

Juan1

Reaction score
Visit site
Just yesterday I bought an 07, red, garage kept and in mint condition for $3700. Mileage was 5,000. If the guy wants too much money, just wait. Time has a way of bringing the price down to reality.

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
well last night i Came up to a post of another red 07 FZ6 with Only 350 miles In showroom condition for only $3700 but 6 hours away from my location near LA, I talked to the guy this morning and he said he still had it, But wife was being a **** and said she needed the truck, bike got sold today by 5 pm
"i am not talking to her for the rest of the day" :mad:

quim

Reaction score
Visit site
i bought my fz6 2005 for $3500 + about 300 for tax and registration. silver and black very good condition and i need new tires, but that ill change it next year. i think it was a good price.

** and i forgot to say that the bike has 5000 miles

Last edited:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
MoeDog-
I hear what you are saying about high priced bikes in your area. In the NY Metro area we have the same thing.

When I went to buy my FZ6 I got very frustrated and really ran out of patience with all the price tags. I began to surf ebay for some very low mileage bikes.
Call it an impulse purchase but I went for an '06 with 2800 miles for $3200. Even after I paid the shipping company to get it here from Texas I was still about 4 to 5 hundred lower than local people looking to sell. The bike is super clean and really have been happy with it.

If you are willing to wait and really cherry pick the right bike, a deal will come along. I would think if you travel 3 or 4 hours out of the SF metro area you might find better deals to choose from.

Good luck.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing wrong with a few thousand miles on it. Just broken in and probably running great, ready to go. Check the service records carefully though...make sure it had an oil change and filter at 1000 miles, preferably at a service shop. At 4000 miles it should have a full service.