Alarms

PY07FZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm planning to put an alarm on my '07 FZ6. Thinking about either the Scorpio SR-i900 or a Gorilla 7017, both have pagers. I ride the bike to work and the closest parking is about a block down the street, so I'm not able to keep an eye on her for long periods of time. Want an alarm with a pager so I can keep track of things if the alarm is set off. Any one running either of these alarms on their bikes or have a suggestion on another type of alarm??

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Scorpio 600i, it's a nice alarm for sure. One thing about the paging - I walk about half a block away and it looses signal with the bike. It depends on what is in front and next to it, etc. In a wide open field with no interference you'll get great signal. Just wanted to warn you about the pager. I like it for when I'm sleeping, the bike is in the backyard so the pager will wake me up.

It might still get a signal at your work. But if you have a lot of brick walls or metal in the building you may not get a signal.

This is what I'd do - get the 900i or 600i, get the perimeter sensor for it. Now when you're at work you'll have the bike chirp at anyone who gets within like 1 foot away from it. That will be good and will keep most away since it's very loud. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum also!

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Datatool S4, works good, loud as hell (had it go off on me when I had the seat open and the alarm exposed....ouch).
Doesn't have the pager thing tho.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Scorpio i-500 which is a previous version of the i-600, i-900. It's great (includes anti-hijack, perimiter sensor) except I wish I had the rechargeable FM transmitter. It's a hassle to replace the battery every 3-4 weeks (uses AAA battery) and have to re-program. I suppose I could order a new FM transmitter but they run around $60 or so? I've seen some M/C alarms on e-bay that puirport to have just as many features for a fraction of the cost. Here's one (but not so many features): Steelmate 986D Motorcycle Alarm - Waterproof Module:eBay Motors (item 160353847997 end time Aug-15-09 09:15:07 PDT)