Alarm system technicality

Grecu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

Just got a new Scorpio alarm SR-i900 full package (perim sensor and anti-hijack). The system's main harness comes with 4 wires to connect: 2 grey connecting to the +turn signal flashers, 1 ground and 1 ornage connecting to the + tail light. At first I only connected the 2 grey and realized my ignition alarm feature would not work if i did not connect the tail light. On top of that, whenever i would put a left or right signal on, my system would be triggered (this would happen when my bike would be running). Therefore naturally i decided to connect the tail light wire as well. Problem is, now whenever i turn the ignition on, my left turn signals both front and rear stay on continuously.

Electrical Specs on the bike: flush front turn signals with 2 wires, dual headlight mod.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

I have the basic same system (i500) and wired it per the instrcutions myself using the standard harness that comes with every system. Works perfectly. Just like yours: turn signals, ground, tailight. Anti-hijack connects to the vehicle down sensor. Good idea to extend/spice into your attenae wire and add 6 feet or so, route it up and around the front of your faring as high as possible. This will improve reception. Scorpio Tech line is very helpful. I mounted my unit underneath the the rear tank area with the velcro. I Does your model (i900) have the convenient rechargeable transmitter/receiver? My doesn't so I use lithium battery (AAA) and it will last about 2 months. My big question: what happens if owner LOSES transmitter and alarm has been activated? (I will probably call tech line about this)

Last edited:
My big question: what happens if owner LOSES transmitter and alarm has been activated? (I will probably call tech line about this)

I don't know if the Scorpio system is similar to my Talon system, but I can disarm my alarm system (even if the alarm is triggered) without a remote by turning the ignition key on and off 12 times within 25 seconds. This puts the alarm in 'service mode'. This is similar to many automotive alarms as well.
Maybe try it? :)

ok updates on this.

I got to test the wires and found that one of the grey wires (flasher) is emitting at the same time as the orange (tail). In short, it would explain why my flashers would stay on. I believe there's some kind of short in the MCM module. I am reluctant to send it back to Scorpio so as of now i only have the tail orange light wire connected and that's pretty much it. Flashers are optional in my case except for the fact i can't use the manual disarm feature in this case.

one more thing, my anti-hijack is not killing the engine after the 15 seconds wait. I can hear the alarm but no killing...

i have a very bad luck with this system.

Not going to return? Well, your choice but, man, I wouldn't hesitate to return a defective unit, either to Scorpio or to the retailer (depending, of course, on return/exchange policy). I'd have Post Office issue me a tracking number for assurance.

I've just noticed that you're from Canada....Where did you order the Scorpio alarm from?

got it from moto-accessories on E-bay. anything i should be warned about? a little too late now but i would still appreciate the advice...:thumbup:

Back