Ais

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone gone through and blocked off their AIS system? I am planning on doing so for I am one that doesnt care to listen to the decel pop I currently have.

(In case any one does not know: AIS (Air Induction System) is an emitions system that adds air into the exaust to ignite any unburnt fuel from the engine. It is the reason why individuals notice more/louder decel pop after adding an aftermarket exhaust; and yes, it sounds like an exhaust leak)

I am thinking about going through and using rubber stoppers to plug the air ducts instead of spending the 50 dollars for block plates. Already cleared it by my dynojet mechanic.

If anyone has already done this, I would appreciate some hints, and if not, I will post a 'How To' with pictures when I do this (likely tomorrow)

Travis Walthall

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Originally, I just went to advance auto and got a pack of assorted rubber caps and some metal clamps. Then, just popped the hose off the airbox that comes from the ais; blocked the hose end with a larger cap, blocked inlet with a smaller one. Don't recall the diameter of each cap, but I think someone had posted it (maybe even me?). I know some people have just popped a marble in the hose and reconnected it to the airbox but I wasn't really comfortable with that idea.

About a month later, spent 30 on the plates from Circuit 1 (black with yammy logo :) and removed the entire system. Just a lot cleaner for the money and effort.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, I was thinking about doing the marble concept just because If I need to get it back, I can have it up and running with the AIS again quickly. My county is thinking about making emitions tests mandatory (more money for the county).

Thank you again for the response.

Any one else done this?

Travis Walthall

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I put on the block off plates a few months ago after I installed my Leo Vince Exhaust. It's kind of a pain to get too but sinple and worth it.