Air Box Mod Question

Vust123

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 06 with K and N air filter, two brothers carbon exhaust and the two brothers juice box, is it worth doing the airbox mod? Ooo Its also scheduled to go on a dyno tuner on the 30 of May.

Dougie

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 06 with K and N air filter, two brothers carbon exhaust and the two brothers juice box, is it worth doing the airbox mod? Ooo Its also scheduled to go on a dyno tuner on the 30 of May.

Theres a couple other threads here m8 debating the airbox mod with varied opinions,my opinion is leave your airbox standard,Yamaha like all manufacturers know what works best in there machines and the chances of anyone improving it are slim,just my opinion tho.

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site

Do it! It will increase performance and it's better to do it before the dyno tune.

If you have questions about it, research this board, but also broaden your research and include a google search to get view points from real tuners. Not to be disrespectful, but most of the guys here (including myself) have no objective proof that it is or isn't worthwhile. However, a little research including other bikes, will certainly show that openeing the stock airbox is always going to give more performance when coupled with a good dyno tune. The exception might be a truely track tuned race replica bike, but cruisers and standards like the FZ aren't "track tuned" bikes off the showroom floor,,, they're more like EPA-OSHA-tuned bikes :D.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are going to be tuning the air fuel curve on a dyno, then go for it. You should see power gains. If you were just going to do it and rely on the bikes sensors to adjust, I would say dont.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
The exception might be a truely track tuned race replica bike, but cruisers and standards like the FZ aren't "track tuned" bikes off the showroom floor,,, they're more like EPA-OSHA-tuned bikes :D.

100% truth!!! When making bikes like these they have many things to consider like emissions, noise emissions, the old guy who wants a quite bike, and of course California lol so the flat out best performance often takes a back seat.