Aftermarket handlebars.....

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
I put a pair of FZ1 bars on and it is way better than stock and does not have the painful sweep angle. I did just buy a pair of Rizoma's as I want to give them a shot and see how they feel. I will update later this week to see if I like them better.

Shinleung

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I used Ventura brand Drag Bars....cheap, and effective.

Absolutely love them...gets you just that little bit further over the front wheel, giving you more feedback from the front hoop.

:thumbup:

I am intrested in the Ventura.
I am wondering what sort of bar end does it use?
Can any model of Motovation or R&G fit ?

getsome

Reaction score
Visit site
i just put on suburban machinery bars. And i love the feel now. A little pricey, but if you dont mind, they are an awesome bar. Sit forward and lower quite a bit. They about 26" wide. I know some people say they hit the mirrors at full lock, but if you nekkid, no need to worry. :rockon:

View attachment 30652

View attachment 30653

aaronshum

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have the Yamaha part no for the FZ1 bar? I treaded through Yamaha parts sites and can never find the part for the bar itself.

In Canada it's harder to find FZ1 parts, apparently.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have the Yamaha part no for the FZ1 bar? I treaded through Yamaha parts sites and can never find the part for the bar itself.

Part # is: 2D1-26111-01-00

getsome

Reaction score
Visit site

I had the FZ1 handlebars on my 2005 FZ6, but unless you twist the bars upward, or twist the controls downward, or add steering stops, the bars WILL hit your tank. I had the controls hit the tank. tried to twist the bars upward, but was not comfortable.

I would recommend something with less of a degree bend back, if you looking for drag bars. The straighter the best. Just my 2 cents

aaronshum

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the FZ1 handlebars on my 2005 FZ6, but unless you twist the bars upward, or twist the controls downward, or add steering stops, the bars WILL hit your tank. I had the controls hit the tank. tried to twist the bars upward, but was not comfortable.

I would recommend something with less of a degree bend back, if you looking for drag bars. The straighter the best. Just my 2 cents

Thanks for the heads-up. Anyone know if the same issue happens to 08+ FZ6?

I've also been tempted to convert to streetfighter, and may do so if the FZ1 bar doesn't fit well.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the heads-up. Anyone know if the same issue happens to 08+ FZ6?

I've also been tempted to convert to streetfighter, and may do so if the FZ1 bar doesn't fit well.

Yes. You have to set up the bar just right.. as close as possible to the tank without actually hitting it. My right side clears the tank by less than 1/4".
Not great for full-lock turns.. my thumbs rest on tank when I have the bar turned all the way to either side, but how often do you do those?
If you twist the bar up for more clearance, it's less comfortable.
When set up correctly, it's very good.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a quick question. If I bought aftermarket handlebars, such as these, could I use my stock bar ends?

Nope. Stock bar and FZ1 bar have threaded inserts. Aftermarket bars just have hallow internals. You will have to get aftermarket bar ends.