Aftermarket exhausts

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Scorpion cans are on. All I can say is WOW!

If you have been wanting some aftermarket exhaust, find a way to get it.

I can't imagine buyer's remorse.

My red one just got a little bit faster (probably just my desire to make it scream) and a whole lot louder. :rockon:

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't afford any cool stuff like that for MY bike. I'm just a poor college student who can hardly afford gas and blah blah blah and blah blah blah blah.................and the hippie gets to blah blah...........:rant:

Well, I guess I COULD get a job.:rolleyes:

:justkidding:Congratulations on the cans!

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to relay an interesting observation. Since I put the new exhaust on, my bike runs about 2 bars cooler than before under similar conditions.

Whenever I stopped at a light before, it would get within 1 bar of max. temp. (Always made me kinda nervous since our 110+ F weather has not arrived yet).

Now it stays about 3 bars from max. I guess it makes sense. There is no baffling, so the the heat escapes more easily?

Anyway I was not expecting this change.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to relay an interesting observation. Since I put the new exhaust on, my bike runs about 2 bars cooler than before under similar conditions.

Whenever I stopped at a light before, it would get within 1 bar of max. temp. (Always made me kinda nervous since our 110+ F weather has not arrived yet).

Now it stays about 3 bars from max. I guess it makes sense. There is no baffling, so the the heat escapes more easily?

Anyway I was not expecting this change.

That's a nice little side effect. I don't know if your running synthetic oil yet but if and when you do it should keep things running even cooler.

BTW. I splurged today and bought a set of $13.00 "Pro Grip" Gel Touch grips for my bike. I can thank your new cans for the inspiration to do this mod. You know, trying to keep up with the Joneses. LOL I feel so left out when somebody does a mod and I can't do one.:p

Last edited: