Advice on Summer/Winter Full Gear

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, so the gear I currently have is:

(M) Shoei RF-1100 Helmet
(M)Alpine Star Mesh Jacket w/liner and Armor (added back armor)
(S) Alpine Star C1 Wind Stopper Touring Gloves

All this fits fantastic and has worked out great for this season. I know that I'm probably going to have to get 2 sets of pants for summer/ vs rest of year riding and since I sold my car to go full-time riding and fall/winter is approaching I wanted some advice on good cold weather gear and also riding pants for summer.

The threads I searched were from a couple years ago and most equipment was not in stock anymore :don'tknow: But the one consistent theme was that Motoport made the best stuff. If its the best I'm going to do, I'll pay the price premium but I figured I'd ask around to see if anyone had something less expensive that worked out great for them.

Thanks all!

(btw, I'm 5'5" so any shorties wanna throw out gear that works specifically for them I am all ears! :D)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok
Draggin jeans are amazing. Make sure you get the Aussie ones.
Jackets - I have Teknic summer mesh and leather. Love them.
Gloves - summer shorties Alpinestar Octanes; leather gauntlet Alpinestar SP3s; wet/winter Dririder Nordic

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Summer
Gloves - Held Airstreams
Pants - Olympia airglide 3
Jacket - Olympia Airglide

Winter
Gloves - Held Warm n' Dry
Pants - Olympia airglide 3 with airglide 2 insulate liner
Jacket - Olympia Voyager

All the time
Helmet - Shoei X11
Boots - Dainese Fulcrum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For summer gear I like Rev'It!

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Since you live in Jersey, I'd get dedicated winter gear and keep the summer gear you have.

Gerbing's Heated Clothing // The World's Warmest Clothing! I'm buying their liners this winter and using whatever parts of the rig I need. Although I've ridden in 41F with a mesh jacket and a windproof liner and a thermal liner. Just a little cold. That's all. Just remember, cold water to thaw your hands. :D

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I have used my Motoport stretch kevelar coat and pants for over 5 years/80,000 miles. I like them very much BUT the only draw back is their rain gear goes on inside of the pants and suit. This means you need to decide ahead of the ride weather or not you will need it (stopping along the road to peal the suit put on the rain gear is a pia). You could put a rain suit over the gear but Motoport is a bit bulky and fugly but I would buy another suit in a heartbeat if I needed it. It does breath well which means you will need more base layer clothes but I love cold weather riding so no big deal.
I do not nave their air jacket so I wear a Olympia air mesh in temps above 80.
Nice part is you do not have to remove the pads to wash it. PM me if you have more question about the Motoport gear.