ABS or Non-ABS

SpeedyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there,

I am new to this forum but found it very informative and useful. I have a Kawa ER6n and am looking to upgrade to a Fazer FZ6, now the dealer has a blue non-abs or a black ABS version?? I was wondering if having ABS will make much difference??

Cheers,

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Hi there,

I am new to this forum but found it very informative and useful. I have a Kawa ER6n and am looking to upgrade to a Fazer FZ6, now the dealer has a blue non-abs or a black ABS version?? I was wondering if having ABS will make much difference??

Cheers,

Yes, get it if you can.

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
I've actually never ridden a bike with ABS but if I had the choice I would get it. The FZ6 looks nice in both colors! Plus, you can change the color easier than you can add ABS. Safety is always more important!

Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there,

Cheers,

Take a Fazer with ABS of course. It will save yo life many times, i promise you. It's very...very useful feature. If you have got enough money, you should take a bike with ABS only.

ABS saved my life many times....:rockon:

Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the advise Dan. Do they have Fazers in Moscow? I did not see any motorcycles when I am there.

Well, it's very strange. There are a lot of bikes in Moscow, fazers, fireblades, r1, r6, gold wing....and so on....
I think, you visited official places in Moscow (The Red Square, Kremlin and so on)... It's a very big mistake! If you want to see Moscow, you should visit the GORA, SHARIK, SEXTON....if you want to visit these places, let me know and I will show you the real Moscow night bikers life )))))

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I am confused as the dealer said that the non ABS one is more popular as the ABS one is heavier and hence slower than the non ABS one.

It's probably heavier by less than 20 pounds. You'll never know the difference on the street.
This bike has loads of power. Don't even worry about it.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely the ABS version. ABS should only be unwanted for track bikes. Even then you can simply remove the ABS fuse and have a non-abs version :)

A google search also showed that the weight difference is only 5kg.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Hi David - Thanks for the advise. I see you are in London hence I was wondering if you could recommend a good dealer for the Fazer. Cheers.

Anywhere but West London Yamaha. Seriously, they are crap. I go to the Yamaha dealer in Shepherd's Bush now since it's the closest one to my house. There's a George White not too far from Old Street and they seem pretty good too.