About to be stimulated (what to do?)

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
wish we got those sort of tyre prices down here. My best mate is the Michellin Rep and I still can't get close to that. Must be the whole Bass Straight thing, it does the same to petrol too, I am sure we prob pay 5-10c a litre more

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately paying off debt, or saving it wont do what they want. I believe it is the best thing personally but not what the government is hoping it will do. Anyone here that thinks the government wont turn around and recoupe this money somehow is a dreamer. Our government is also talking increaseing our gst or as you have vat so we will be screwed all ways. We have a grant here at the moment if you put lpg on your car the government will pay 2000 dollars towards it, but at least they have given us warning that they will incease tax on this in 4 years every year for 4 years. They giveth and taketh away.

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd get some grip heaters for your tassie winter. bad enough in sydney!
i've got a tcp seat cowl on the way. Thanks uncle kev!

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Na i don't need heated grips. I ride for fun, I have no reason to take it out if the weather is bad. I have my work van to commute. Anyway I bought my wife some Alpinestars All weather gloves and stole them off her last winter when I went for a ride up the East Coast, temps must of dropped to about or just below zero and the only thing cold from the trip was my knees.

I have decided to get myself the K+N air filter, new helmet and boots as the ones I got are a lil outdated. Thinking the sprockets and dyno can wait till the next service atleast.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Na i don't need heated grips. I ride for fun, I have no reason to take it out if the weather is bad. I have my work van to commute. Anyway I bought my wife some Alpinestars All weather gloves and stole them off her last winter when I went for a ride up the East Coast, temps must of dropped to about or just below zero and the only thing cold from the trip was my knees.

I have decided to get myself the K+N air filter, new helmet and boots as the ones I got are a lil outdated. Thinking the sprockets and dyno can wait till the next service atleast.

What sort of Helmet & Boots are you thinking of getting?

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking the Stoner replica Nolan or Shark Hologram. Not sure on boots, just something cheap but protective so prob just the best R Jays have got, they seem decent quality for price.

Asked about the sprockets and chain at Horizon (my local) but they said it will take a week to get in so I said na I'll just get it done later on.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking the Stoner replica Nolan or Shark Hologram. Not sure on boots, just something cheap but protective so prob just the best R Jays have got, they seem decent quality for price.

Asked about the sprockets and chain at Horizon (my local) but they said it will take a week to get in so I said na I'll just get it done later on.

My Son & me missus have got the RJays Altitude boots...they are a nice, well made boot....at the right price...RJays make good gear, their leathers...i swear by...

Both the missus & my son love the boots, very comfortable, and they look pretty nice too. Decent shin guard, toe protectors, closing system is simple too, just a zip & velcro.

Have had a look at the Stoner Replica helmet....they look great, Nolan helmets are a lot better than they used to be, that's for sure.

:thumbup:

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I am a Stoner Tragic, never contemplated a Nolan till now though. Always wanted an Arai or Shoei for my first good helmet. I am however changing my mind like a woman at the moment so who knows what I'll come back with lol.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I am a Stoner Tragic, never contemplated a Nolan till now though. Always wanted an Arai or Shoei for my first good helmet. I am however changing my mind like a woman at the moment so who knows what I'll come back with lol.

Dont forget to have a close look at the AGV Stealth , i use and swear by them...They have the best ventilation system on the market IMO :thumbup: