About Protests in Istanbul

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Turkey protests spread after violence in Istanbul over park demolition.
Demonstrations against government in several cities as riot officers use tear gas to control protesters in Istanbul.

I was one of the protestors last night. May be you've never experienced tear gas, but it burns lungs very badly if you can't run away.

Watch this:

Barışçıl kalabalığa orantısız gaz - Radikal WebTV

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck brother and be smart about things. As things develop and change in the crowd think about how you can get out if need be.

If you can't get a gas mask a towel soaked water over your nose and month helps. The crap burns!

Hang tough!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just remember CS (tear gas) can't kill you it just feels like it. Get out of the cloud, breath deep, and flap your arms up and down. The flapping helps clear the CS out of your lungs as it helps expand your chest.

The 3M mask will not help, like the girl in the video. You need a real mask that covers your eyes, nose and mouth.

I've been gassed a number of times as part of Army training. Just keep your head, know it WILL suck, and know the pain will go away...eventually.

Again, hang tough brother. Freedom from oppression is the most important thing to fight for.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Hellgate,
Next time i'll remember your advice :rockon:
But i am not sure if it is just tear gas or something else.

randysway

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats crazy. They didn't cut off the internet access yet like in other places? If you can post some pictures and let us know how things really are over there!
Be safe man, and don't get yourself into the middle oftrouble :/