fazergal

I don't know if anyone has seen this - it is circulating on facebook

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I pay £215 for my car and £55(?) for my bike a year
I used to pay €1300 per year for our old 2001 Kia Sedona it's definitely a green tax that penalizes people who cannot afford the latest model.
We now pay €215 for our 2009 Citroen C4.
Cars older than 2008 are hit really hard.

Neil

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All bikers please sign this petition. :cheer:

Abolish Road Fund Tax for Motorcycles. - e-petitions
To be honest bike tax in the UK is actually relatively inexpensive. Here in Ireland my FZ6 is €88.00.
Do you think it's better to put the duty on fuel?
Haulage costs would go up which will have a knock on effect on the goods you purchase.
The clear advantage is that everyone who drives will contribute.

Neil

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
It's not just road tax though, fekin fed up with everything I do somewhere down the line being taxed by the robbing politician bas**rds.

Slightly off topic but one thing that always makes me laugh is in those so called "reality" police programs on uk TV.

"Chav Mc Jockstrap was later fined £200 for no insurance, no tax, dangerous driving, 2 bald tyres and not wearing his seat belt. He also received a 2 year ban for driving without a license"

WTF is the point of banning someone from driving when they had no intention of getting a license in the first place? and the £200 fine, cretin has no cash apart from what he gets from the dole office, he won't be parting with that - needs it for the white star and roll-ups before he drives again.

The CPS in the UK is a fekin joke.

Rant over (it's early and should be on holiday but works busy and i'm a bit pissed off about going in :) )

Have a nice day :)

S.

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
I pay £215 for my car and £55(?) for my bike a year

I baled out of the UK (for good) in 2005.....and from what I can remember, car tax was nothing like that.

Using Spain as a comparison, the tax on the FZ6 is about 40 Euros, and a 1.4 Fiesta (from the 90's) is about 50 Euros!

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
If we got to pay it then roads like the above pic need to be sorted out n use the money for what its for not to line polotitions pockets and theyre big cars ...

think pretty much every road ive ridden today in Plymouth has had some hole in it n i ride a varedero now which should be able to deal with it ...

just cost me garage fees to repair cause of crappy roads :(

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel that local authorities hide behind their responsibilities with regard to maintaining safe roads. Blaming central Government for budget cuts.
Same old ****e.

Neil

Sent from my HTC One X

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
I baled out of the UK (for good) in 2005.....and from what I can remember, car tax was nothing like that.

Using Spain as a comparison, the tax on the FZ6 is about 40 Euros, and a 1.4 Fiesta (from the 90's) is about 50 Euros!

Not sure on what car "greg" has but his prices seem pretty bang on from what i know of my Fz6 and family members cars. its crazy. thats why i stick with 2 wheels and not 4

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure on what car "greg" has but his prices seem pretty bang on from what i know of my Fz6 and family members cars. its crazy. thats why i stick with 2 wheels and not 4

I suppose they have to raise more money to subsidise all the Eastern European immigrants heading your way soon! And WTF is this bedroom tax they're on about?

I'm due to get my Pension in 6 years (yeh....I'm that bloody old and still riding).....chances are they'll have had that away as well.

May as well have paid it to Robert Maxwell for all the good it'll do me!

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site

I've got a 1.8l Ford Focus, it's from 2000 so tax is based on engine size not emissions. If the engine was slightly smaller I'd pay about 100 less :(