A Warm welcome? ... I hope :P

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on your ride. its very neat and well kept.

unfortunatly, as other have duly pointed out, that's not an 07 model. at best its an 05, because it has the silver frame which came in 04-05 model years, so that makes it an s1 model just like mine:D. the 06 use the same hardware etc as the 04-05 but have black frame and engines.

just so you havent noticed, your bike has abs, so if you ever decide to order brake lines in the future, be sure to check they are 04-06 and abs compatible.

as for other parts do make sure to tick the 04-06 option especially for windscreens etc, as the 07 on are smaller and totally different shape.

troll ebay for parts and check before you buy/bid as prices vary

enjoy the ride its an awesome bike.

townsends- do you keep the scotchguard permamently on the bike or do you remove it? i usually stick cling film to the tank when i want to install the tank bag

The tank pads, I just installed.

I've had the clear tank slapper on my old FJR but heard/read good things on the Techspec. I liked how they looked too.

Their supposed to be removeable, (don't know about that but they apparently loose some stickyness if removing).

I've been in the bad habit of NOT using the tank with my legs for maneauvering (didn't want to scratch up the tank), but since putting the pads on I'm riding a bit harder (much more lean) however it takes a bit to break an old and long habit.

And also to further answer your question, no, I'm leaving them on permanently. The rear pad (just photographed about an hour ago) is a custom 3x5' pad which I did shorten to 4" tall, just to keep the boys from scratching the tank. Takes some getting used to riding and looking at but IMO, it kinda ties the black frame, seat, etc, in thru the tank...

Last edited:

Somebuddy

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! Nice looking bike! The colors are like the one's I've seen in USA for the 2004? 2005? Either way, I really like it.