a view of the hyper lite tail lights

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got the good lady wife to take some pics of the bike today and she took a little vid as well. Tis kinda shows the hyperlites right at the last bit of the footage.
Hope it posts ok this is the 1st youtube clip I ever loaded

https://youtu.be/xooNy_-QTR0

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Love my Hyperlites.

I just have a single just above the tag BUT its a running AND a steady brake flash.

As the FZ only has one running tail light stock, I wanted a second "back up" tail light should the OEM burn out.

As a side note, I've had one on every bike I've owned (and currently on the back of my SUV). I had an issue with a failed LED, easily 4 years out of warranty. They replaced it no questions asked, no receipts, nothing. Excellent company to work with..

Last edited:

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll second Scott's post about the customer service, I had an issue with the control module of mine, they sent me a brand new one (better than my last one, running lights and flashers) no questions asked, no hassle.

I run two 16 LED brake flashers and running lights now, zero excuse for anyone not to see me.

Taz3

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome, like the looks/sounds of this product. I've been pondering getting some kind of flashing brake light for a little while...

does this light up just when braking, or when you roll off the throttle too (engine braking)?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can buy this kit with reasonable shipping to Norway? Shipping usually costs an arm and a leg when ordering from motorcycle webshops in the states, and then there is the 25% tax on both price and shipping (oh yes, tax on shipping costs!) when crossing the Norwegian border in addition... *sigh*

--
Sent from the restaurant at the end of the universe, probably using a PC, an iPhone or an iPad.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, BTW: The Hyperlites web site is impossible to use with an iPhone or iPad, as it uses flash. I can't see the different products, so I can't make up my mind which to buy. Maybe they should spend a little on web design to sell more of their products...?

Just my 2 cents...

--
Sent from the restaurant at the end of the universe, probably using a PC, an iPhone or an iPad.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, BTW: The Hyperlites web site is impossible to use with an iPhone or iPad, as it uses flash. I can't see the different products, so I can't make up my mind which to buy. Maybe they should spend a little on web design to sell more of their products...?

Just got off the phone with "Joyce" @ Hyperlights. (Ask for her in your e-mail), same link as above or; [email protected]

**You need to use a regular PC to see thier products**. Androids and such won't work..

The cheapest they can ship to you is $11.88 first class USPS (no tracking) (I've shipped my helmet lock brackets around the world this way without issue). I believe she said they use Pay Pal so it is quite do-able...

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Just my 2 cents...

--

I suggest you get the 16 pod hyper lites that also acts as running lights. They also come in the 8 pod format, but having twice the amount of led's will make you even more visible. I also purchased the license plate bracket so that I could mount my Hyper Lites alonside my license plate, but considering you're from Norway, the brackets made for the USA plates may not work. But they also come with adhesive, so you can mount them anywhere with a flat surface.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I suggest you get the 16 pod hyper lites that also acts as running lights. They also come in the 8 pod format, but having twice the amount of led's will make you even more visible. I also purchased the license plate bracket so that I could mount my Hyper Lites alonside my license plate, but considering you're from Norway, the brackets made for the USA plates may not work. But they also come with adhesive, so you can mount them anywhere with a flat surface.

To add to the above, if you go with the double 16 LED, most likely the plate holes are different.

As long as your plate will fit inbetween, simply drilling two new holes in the kit ("bar") to match your tag will fix that. :thumbup:

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the double 8 LED (and the bracket), with modulation. I already have the TailBlazer modulated brake light, so I figured that the dual 8 would be enough. Considering extra LEDs in the front, but then I would like whiter main lights as well, to match the whiteness of the LEDs. Think, think, think...

--

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry this pic isnt the greatest, a quick phone pic on my way in to work this morning.
When I replaced the stock exhaust and fitted the delkoviks I had all this room under the side pods, so what better place to fit the hyperlites, you can just make out the 8 leds. I just used the supplied self adhesive tape to attach them to the inside of the rear frame plastics and used fibreglass insulation then a cover of shrink wrap to protect from heat and any mud etc under the tail.

One thing I did do when I put the delks on was cut a sheet of black polyto fit the wishbone bracket that holds trhe number plate. With the standard un modded hugger and this extra piece of poly, my cans and the y pipe doesn't seem to get muddy and gritty

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the double 8 LED (and the bracket), with modulation. I already have the TailBlazer modulated brake light, so I figured that the dual 8 would be enough. Considering extra LEDs in the front, but then I would like whiter main lights as well, to match the whiteness of the LEDs. Think, think, think...

--

Send us a picture once it's installed.

Cheers

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Scott, yep stocck directionals but mounted onto the FAZR6 model FE. it puts the tips of the indicators just outside the minimum separation distance-- legal.....just.

I really like the stock indicator shape, the only consideration for me has been to swao them for LED b ut it would cost me in the vicinity of $160 to do it.... and really I cant justify that!.
so totally stock and they fit as if they are on the original rear fender

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Regarding my "rant" about shipping costs: I just had a look at the invoice for the Hyperlites, and shipping is specified at 5.50 US$ for delivery to my address in Norway. That is a very good price! It would be more costly to send the same package within Oslo. Looking forward to seeing the LEDs on the bike. [emoji6]

--

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Regarding my "rant" about shipping costs: I just had a look at the invoice for the Hyperlites, and shipping is specified at 5.50 US$ for delivery to my address in Norway. That is a very good price! It would be more costly to send the same package within Oslo. Looking forward to seeing the LEDs on the bike. [emoji6]

--

Maybe they didn't know where Oslo was? It is a long ways, and you are correct, it's a very expensive place. I couldn't believe how expensive it was when I was in Oslo about a decade ago. However, the USD is making a comeback.