A Twist of the Wrist II DVD Review

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of good stuff on the DVD but, especially with multiple viewings, some things drive me crazy. The two main "actors" really get on my nerves. The one guy's face looks like a catcher's mit. Their progression from numb-nuts to good riders is a stretch. And, the bits with the classroom full of kids who have all the right answers, which they call out as a group, is just plain stupid.

I know they attempt to make these things entertaining, and tie it all together in some sort of narrative, but it would have been much better without these elements. The actual teaching parts are great. The video quality is top notch as well.

It's well worth the money but be prepared to use your fast forward button for repeat viewing.

Tim

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really good book though, I donno abt the particulars of the vid, but "A twist of the Wrist" as a guide is (when taken with a grain of salt) a bushel of thought.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Really good book though, I donno abt the particulars of the vid, but "A twist of the Wrist" as a guide is (when taken with a grain of salt) a bushel of thought.

your avatar and profile line there both perplex and amuse me. well done!

P.S. Ive read the book and will be getting this video. Love this series!! Thanks admin didnt realize there was a dvd out.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with a few comments above about the attempt at humor but it's all in fun. The video was very useful and I continue to watch pieces of it (fast forwarding over the stuff I don't need to see). However, the one thing that the kids chant should be chanted in our heads (at least mine) -- "Once the throttle is cracked, it should remain on smoothly, evenly, and continuously throughout the remainder of the turn" -- something like that.

Misti is in the video as the Mom -- I think that's her.

I love the cute girls in glasses and long white coats with clipboards :D (to make them look like hot scientists)?

I read the book but it really didn't do it for me until I saw the video and read the book again -- then it really made a sense and a difference in my riding.

I have to say that playing Moto GP 07 on my Xbox 360 was difficult -- I had really trouble controlling the bike and just plain turning; I kept crashing, etc.. This video has helped me on that game immensely and that practice has translated to the street (somewhat at least -- i.e., I don't think I ride quite like that in real life :eek:).

Anyway, I'd buy the video again in a heartbeat.

Dennis

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I never used the fast forward, but I did find the classroom questions and answers a bit annoying too :) Another thing I didn't like is that he uses too big lists of...things.

Overall, very useful information, but it could be better! Watching the DVD is indeed better than simply reading it in a book.