A trip to northern Greece

niko_fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
So for the past 2 Sunday's the weather has been great around here so my friend and I decided to go for a ride...The total distance was about 320km aprox 200miles of really nice twisty roads in northern Greece..

Altitute varied form 1000m to sea level and back around the mount Olympous with is the highest mountain in Greece and where ancient Greeks believed that the Gods used to reside... Anyways to the pics

the bikes...fz6's of course 05' on the left and 04' on the right
The trip started from the town of Kozani which is 800m above sea level

First stop a nice traditional hotel literaly in the middle of nowhere....we had a nice breakfast and some coffee...i was fooling around in the pool....altitute just over 1000m the air here is really cold although the cluster was showing 24d c.

I have voluntuered for to do the riding for some photos in a quiet bit of road

[URL="[IMG]http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv347/NIKOFZ6/7-1.jpg[/IMG]"] [/URL]

Next stop a really nice beach bar in the sea town of Katerini....
altitute sea level

a cigarette and some water....really hot down there....most of the people on beach are senior citizens...it is the begining of October so no interesting pictures I am afraid...:))

On the way back we have decided to take another route....the twisties in the map look really promising so of we go....we have climbed to nearly 900m again to find this

well there was a sign saying "from this point forward you drive with your own responsibility"....we just smilled and continue riding only to find this ....hopefuly it was just for 5km that the road was so bad....

Lastly, we entered our region again and stoppped for some photos in the artifial water barrier which is just 60km from our home town and never got the chance to visit...my friend John..no my friends John back in the pic

niko_fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am glad you liked the photos..I am sure you are going to have a great time...:thumbup:

Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. Greece is an amazing country. I was there in 2004 and drove through half of the country, from Meteora in the North to Navplion in the South. There were so many perfect places that the most difficult task was to choose where I should go next. Some day I will come back for riding in Peloponnesus.

p.s. I completely forgot a taste of moussaka and frappe(((

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the ride report and photos. The photos look great with the border. The weather here is starting to get cold. Sunny but cold. :thumbup:

envy

Reaction score
Visit site
awesome pictures, must be included in my must have list :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk