A little FZ speed!!!!!

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G8ktXeegys&mode=related&search=[/nomedia]

I'm trying to add a few videos since noone has done so in awhile.
Enjoy!:Sport:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
James, I fully understand the need for speed. You dont want your take out getting cold before you get in do you. Anyway he was only tickeling third gear. Plenty left in the tank. Nice vid though. Lots of people have been asking what the RPM would be at 150mph, please can you try to keep the camara still or switch tacho to the other mode LOL. Cheers Neil

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...I wish i could keep the camera still but it is a vid i just got from youtube. It looks like he was wearing the camera around his neck to take the vid. I will try to get a vid of me going faster if you want. I'm just bored at work and thought i would give you guys (and girls) something to watch if ya'll were bored too.:)

Now that you mention it i would like to know the RPMs when you get up there in MPHs........I'll see what i can come up with this weekend, if it will stop raining.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you watch the related clips? Loved the sound of the Remus cans.

However, these guys looked dangerous to me - clocks in KPH, somewhere in Europe I guess

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQlndiSKnJY[/nomedia]

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In this vid i also noticed he must have been in 6th, because in 3rd he would have accelerated faster.
I think you are right about the gear selection I was just being flipant in my previous post. I just thought he was not givving it the full berries. By the way mate please don't risk your life or limb to post a vid on my account. But good luck anyway.

Last edited:

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Those guys are quick. Although i agree with you pedwards89, a little on the dangerous side to me. Not that i have ever done that kind of riding before..........:eek:

I do try to pick roads with no traffic and here in Texas we dont have a lot of trees where i live. Mostly flat praire. If i were to travel 10 hours or so to the west i could ride to Big Bend national park. Lots of trees and hills. But around here i can see 2 to 3 turns in front of me on most of the roads.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you watch the related clips? Loved the sound of the Remus cans.

However, these guys looked dangerous to me - clocks in KPH, somewhere in Europe I guess

YouTube - Yamah Fazer FZ6 S VS GPX !!
The GPX was certainly trying to remove his head by using the on coming traffic wasn't he. He loved hugging that white line.

S

sportrider

they were averaging 135 kph and reached a top of 180 kph...

how fast is that in MPH? sounded like 2nd gear maybe?

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
S

sportrider

thanks for the link!!! now I can say I've been up to 254KPH!!! wooo hooo :Sport:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The GPX was certainly trying to remove his head by using the on coming traffic wasn't he. He loved hugging that white line.
The very first anecdote in Proficient Motorcycling is about a motorcyclist who was clipped by another biker over the centerline and was killed instantly. They spent a long time trying to find his helmet, because his head was still in it. :eek:
When I see videos like this I feel less worried about the high fatality statistics that motorcyclists suffer from; it's these 95th percentile, uh, "risk-takers" who are probably skewing the numbers. :mad:

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, that's a comforting thought.

But don't forget, the other major cause is inexperience and false sense of confidence!

Trust me, been there and done that - and never been a squid :p

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, that's a comforting thought.

But don't forget, the other major cause is inexperience and false sense of confidence!

Trust me, been there and done that - and never been a squid :p
Hi Guys,
Just remind me what the squid means again. I can remember the Stupid, Quick part.