A few questions for the experienced modders...

razormac214

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to do a few performance mods to my '06 FZ6 this spring, and just had some questions before I moved forward.

- I already have the Scopion Oval Exhaust installed but I am looking to get the K&N replacement air filter as well. Will the bike run okay without dyno-tuning or a power commander? For example will it be running too rich for the stock setup causing all sorts of backfiring?
- If I do get a Power Commander I was looking at the Dynojet Power Commander III USB EX. I do not know a lot about this so forgive me if these are not the most intelligent questions. Will I need a customized map to make my combination of parts run best together or does the Power Commander come loaded with a mapping that will work just fine?
- If a customized map is best then would anyone know who or where I could get one from?
- Is the installation of the PC relatively simple? Does it just sit under the seat once you get it installed?
- Any estimates of improvements I might see with all of this? I am think 4-7 hp, would that be way off base?

Any information or helpful links that you can provide would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Will the bike run okay without dyno-tuning or a power commander?
Its gonna be just fine. You are not going to get 100% of the performance but if you adjust properly the C1-C2 you are not going to have any problems.

-Will I need a customized map to make my combination of parts run best together or does the Power Commander come loaded with a mapping that will work just fine?
The pc3 comes to you blank. You can upload to it maps from your laptop after you download them from dynojet's site. Its easy.

- If a customized map is best then would anyone know who or where I could get one from?
Just use a map from dynojet's site that suites to your mods.
Its a waste of money to create a custom map for mods like yours.
The difference between a custom map and dynojet's is not bigger than 1 or 2 ps.

- Is the installation of the PC relatively simple? Does it just sit under the seat once you get it installed?

Its a plug and play situation. Quite easy to install. Just read the manual and follow the instructions. Even my 14 year old brother can fit it.

- Any estimates of improvements I might see with all of this? I am think 4-7 hp, would that be way off base?

Its possible but dont expect wonders to happen.
A pc3 does not give you more power itself. It helps you to adjust the bike to run better with the new parts you have fitted and get the 100% of their performance.

Good luck and forgive me for my english.

Last edited:
A power commander will tune the ECU for the exhaust and filter mods, did you gut the cat or put in a straight pipe when the exhaust was done? That adds a little more pep to it..... there are sprocket changes and such if you must have more "feelable" power.....

Last edited:
Back