9000 miles in 18 weeks

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well my commute from Oceanside to Newport Beach has come to a end:D I have nearly put 9000 miles on the FZ in just over 18 weeks. I must say this is the best bike I have ever owned... I love riding the twisty's,track and even riding back and forth to work this bike has been a pure joy. This is a true do it all bike.

As far as work goes my commute is now only 10 miles from my front door:thumbup:

Look forward to the next 10,000.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Next month I'll have my bike for one year and I'm getting close to 8,000 miles, not even the 9,000 you did in a couple of weeks!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Next month I'll have my bike for one year and I'm getting close to 8,000 miles, not even the 9,000 you did in a couple of weeks!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, that was a long time in the saddle. I can say that it put my riding skills(reaction time, exit routes and paying close attention to what is going on around me) to the test more than a couple of times...cagers truly do not look for us, nor do they pay attention to what their are doing. I've seen it all from testing while driving to reading books,shaving,putting on make up. You name it their doing it.

Be safe out there. Ride smart.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations Dave!

I have a reward for your diligence!

Let's get a :iconbeer: and do that mod!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice Smokenu! Last year, my commute was just shy of 40 miles each way and I road 90% of the time. I put just over 15000 miles on my Triumph during that one year. You're not kidding when you say it really sharpens your awareness to ride a bike for commuting purposes instead of weekend leisure. Just ask Wavex. He got into two accidents on his way to/from work, which is why he doesn't commute on the bike anymore.

Be careful out there guys.